Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > idea for warm up    

idea for warm up

floona
United Arab Emirates

idea for warm up

please give me an idea how can i start my lesson

my lesson is about present simple tense and present continuous

9 Oct 2011      

Tere-arg
Argentina

Something that helps students to understand the difference between these two tenses is showing them famous people doing other things. For example, Justin Biever playing video games so that you can clearly show what he usually does and what he is doing in the pic.
Hope you find it useful.

9 Oct 2011     

Emaratia
United Arab Emirates

I don�t know may be let a boy come in as a vendor with things like a cards that has verbs and pictures like a boy and eating a banana and a real banana, play and real ball etc.the boys buy them. then ask them questions like what does so and so do everyday .They will say eat a banana (card) then let the boy eat the banana at the spot and ask what is he doing now and so on. Or let the boys ask you and you give the right form by emphasizing on the difference between eat eating etc.

What I do is I make three columns(if I do past  here it will be two columns .I name them every day, now). In everyday I divide it into two I write They /we/you/I eat /she /he/it +eats .In the second I write am/is/are +eat +ing.SO its like eat/eats -eating  play/plays - playing

Then I write a different verb and they write them in the same way after that they write sentences in the following sequence

Everyday: Subject pronoun + verb + object       I eat meat.  I play football. Etc

Now: Subject pronoun+ am/is/are  + verb + object   Iam eating meat . Iam playing football etc

I hope it helps...You could let them arrange them on the board in order with flash cards ...

11 Oct 2011