Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Pumpkin carving set    

Pumpkin carving set

argentia
Spain

Pumpkin carving set

Halloween is coming and I would like to encourage my students create a jack-o-lantern but the fact is that I haven �t done it ever!
I �m quite a disaster with my hands so I was wondering about getting a carving set, Does anyone in Spain know where I can get this? or if it �s possible to buy it on the internet. I had a look at Amazin but the one they have seems quite useless.
Hugs

10 Oct 2011      

MarionG
Netherlands

We don �t �do � halloween here but if I had to carve a pumpkin, I would turn to Youtube...
I wrote "carve pumpkin halloween" and got tons of tutorials. The tutorials by �expert village � seem to be good. I think this is the first one of a series which leads you thru the entire process. Follow-up video show up to the side of this one, just click.

By the way.. you said you are not good with your hands, I think there is no need to hide that. You want to convey to your students (I assume) that is is fun to do an activity like this and one doesn �t need to be an artist to take part in this tradition. I have noticed that sometimes, when the examples a teacher brings are too beautiful/perfect, it can have a paralyzing effect on students. They may feel that they will never be that good, so why even try? Whereas when the example is clearly amateur made, the emphasis shifts to the fun of the process and the participation value. It allows them to feel good about trying themselves so I wouldn �t worry too much about the face coming out less then flawless.... just my two cents...

10 Oct 2011     

argentia
Spain

Thanks for your advice, I �m gonna have a look at you tube. And you are right! it �s better to concentrate on the process
Hugs

10 Oct 2011