Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Class observed. Help me please    

Class observed. Help me please

D@N! P
Brazil

Class observed. Help me please

Hello, Dear teachers.

I need you help urgently. Next Tuesday, I�m having my class observed again and I need some tips and advices. The thing is the first time I was observed, the coordinator said my class lacks communicative flavor, is not dynamic enough, had a slow pace and that I was able to use the e-board in interactive way.

Next class, I have to teach my students the simple past and I have no idea how to teach this grammar point in a communicative way.  I�m going out of my mind since yesterday morning and couldn�t even start making the lesson plan. Please, give me ideas, suggestions so I can teach my students and cover the points the coordinator talked about.

Thanks in advanced.

10 Oct 2011      

orly100
Israel

Hello
You can begin the lesson with  Mr Morton video:
Talk about it... Let the pupils act it out....
and only then teach the rules.
Hope I helpedThumbs Up

10 Oct 2011     

Mariethe House
France

Any time you ask yourself a question about teaching EsL  have a look at this site: busyteacher.org they have an answer for almost anything you ask yourself.  they have a search window at the top of the page (find worksheets)where you can type your question and you will usually get your luck!
I typed "how to teach the simple past" and this is what I got! So have alook and relax for your lesson: Big smile
http://busyteacher.org/3605-how-to-teach-past-simple-reg-irreg.html

Sophia gave a good link earlier on. Here it is for you:

http://busyteacher.org/3651-becoming-a-teacher.html

10 Oct 2011     

zuzanavilma
Slovakia

Hello,
whenever I want to make my students talk I prepare a group work. 
I make a set of cards with pictures and each student in a group gets  a slip of paper with some of the pictures , e.g. 20 picutures altogether so it makes five picture for each in a 4-member group. 
Then just write on the board the question : Did you ...... yesterday/ last week/ last weekend.....? 
They have to answer : Yes, I did or No, I did not depending on if they have the picture of the activity on their slip of paper.
Beforehand you can revise the verbs so that they could use them more easily. After they finish, they can make sentences again positive or negative, just write the past forms to the verbs on the board to help them. Then there is no need to explain grammar and they will be able to talk the whole lesson. 

10 Oct 2011