Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Help with Play Script    

Help with Play Script

ironik
Australia

Help with Play Script

Hello everyone,
This year I �m doing drama with teenagers (12-13-14 year olds) for the first time. I haven �t got any play script to begin with. I �ve searched for it in the printables, but I couldn �t find any that suits teenagers. Maybe you can help me. And if you have any suggestions for warm-up activities and exercises, that would be reaally good :)

10 Oct 2011      

Yolandaprieto
Spain

There are two books by ken Wilson and Dough Case which are on the net "Off Stage" and are funny sketches for those ages to perform. If you want to see an example you can see my students in Wearetheworld. You can also find those sketches recorded.
Hope it helps

10 Oct 2011     

ironik
Australia

Off Stage seems to be helpful, thanks a lot Yolanda :)

10 Oct 2011     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

This summer I went to a drama camp with some students from my school and I have to tell you teens love fairy-tales, twisted ones with a modern touch :) If your students are creative enough, they will write the script themselves, you �ll be just guiding the process, handing out suggestions and keeping an eye on grammar and appropriate language. If you have kids who can dance, incorporate it in your play, those who can sing, can sing an appropriate couple of lines from popular songs (kind of like a medley) Let them design their costumes. In this case they will enjoy the process and will be really proud of their achievement.
Here�s a link for drama games http://www.dramagames.info/
All the best to you!
Sophia

10 Oct 2011     

Tere-arg
Argentina

There are several sites on the net.
Love this one
I usually adapt it to my students� needs.

10 Oct 2011     

ironik
Australia

ueslteacher and tereang, thanks a lot, your ideas and websites are really helpful :)

11 Oct 2011