Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > WOD Word of the Day    

WOD Word of the Day

AMaedgen
Korea, South

WOD Word of the Day

Please provide a definition for the following word without using the dictionary :)

callithumpian

11 Oct 2011      

maryse pey�
France

I �m afraid I don �t understand... Mar0919 was the winner of the last WOD ! Why are you starting this thread ?

I don �t mind if Mar was ok, but is she ???

11 Oct 2011     

douglas
United States

I sent her a PM Maryse.  This is apparently the response to her winning on 28 September--there was no response for a few days so we re-started the WOD with a new word.

Douglas

11 Oct 2011     

maryse pey�
France

thanks for the information Douglas ! Hope that nothing bad occurred to her...

11 Oct 2011     

maryse pey�
France

So let �s start the new WOD with "callitthumpian"

When I want to hear a tender melody on the piano I simply rimg the magical musician  Cole Goldfingers nicknamed Callitthumpian for "Cole hits his thumb on the piano"

11 Oct 2011     

Mar0919
Mexico

Hi, Marys�! I didn �t check ELSP yesterday, as it was my long Monday day... but don �t worry, sweet friend, I have no problem with going along with the new WOD!...

Have a nice evening/night/afternoon or day everyone!!!!

Mar

12 Oct 2011     

AMaedgen
Korea, South

Oops! I won on the 28th, but I didn �t know the rules of the game and didn �t know that I was supposed to post a new word. Then it finally dawned on me that it would make sense for the winner to post the next word. So I posted. Sorry, Mar! I didn �t see the other WOD, and so I didn �t know that I was stepping on your toes.

I was going to delete this thread, but I can �t figure out how to do that. So why don �t I just declare Mar the winner, and she can pick a new WOD?

12 Oct 2011     

maryse pey�
France

that �s ok now Maegden. Don �t worry. I guess you have read Mar �s post.

Wait for the responses to your word and you will declare the winner at the end of the day.

Have a good day.

12 Oct 2011     

AMaedgen
Korea, South

No, I �d rather do it this way. I �m not really interested in participating in this game anyways. I just didn �t want to be the one who let it die. I would rather avoid any future misunderstanding by not participating.

12 Oct 2011