Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > What would you say "He likes photography" or "he likes the photography"? Neither of them sounds good to me. Can you help me?    

What would you say "He likes photography" or "he likes the photography"? Neither of them sounds good to me. Can you help me?

Yolandaprieto
Spain

What would you say "He likes photography" or "he likes the photography"? Neither of them sounds good to me. Can you help me?

It is a sentence one of my students wrote in his composition and I am not sure about the correctness of it.
Yolanda

12 Oct 2011      

Lucia13
Armenia

HE LIKES PHOTOGRAPHY and it sounds quite OK to me:)

12 Oct 2011     

remymatta
Lebanon

""He likes photography ""is the correct one in case  what your student means is photography in general; whereas, � �he likes the photography � � is used to talk about a particular type of photography or someone �s particulay photography. :)

12 Oct 2011     

Neru006
Argentina

"he likes photography" refers to the activity, "he likes the photo" refers to a special picture.

12 Oct 2011     

Zora
Canada

It should be "He likes photography". If you want to use "He likes the photography..." you MUST specify. Example: He likes the photography style of Jason Jones. (Bit awkward sounding though to me, and I�d probably not use it.)

13 Oct 2011