Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Open class for 9 years old    

Open class for 9 years old

EnioTigre
Argentina

Open class for 9 years old

Hello teachers!
I work in a primary school and I have to prepare an open class for students of 3rd year and their parents. It lasts just one hour but I am supposed to prepare oral activities that don �t take me a lot of time because I also had to prepare a play. this is the first time I have to do it so I`m a litlle bit lost.
We have studied animals, colours, members of the family, verb to be, have got and can.
Can you help me? PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!
thanks in advance

13 Oct 2011      

Emy Lee
Canada

Hi there,

We also do Open Classes at my school.

Last year, I prepared the following activities for my 4th and 5th graders. I took about 20-30 minutes.

Since we had previously seen animals (actually, we focused on insects with 4th grade and mammals with 5th grade), I did a quick review of the insects/mammals characteristics through an oral quiz.

Then, I included the regular and irregular plural grammar rules. I asked students the plural form of insects/mammals. For example, a mosquito becomes mosquitoes, a butterfly, butterflies and so on.

After that, we did a Spelling Bee contest. Students had to spell the plural forms of the insects/mammals. It was a very active class. Students and parents just loved it.
We did everything on our Smart Board. I have the Power Point version of both classes, so if you want to, I can send them to you.

Hope it helps.

14 Oct 2011     

EnioTigre
Argentina

I �d really appreciate if you do so! thanks.  My e-mail address is [email protected]

14 Oct 2011