Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > English Pet Names    

English Pet Names

epit
Turkey

English Pet Names

I need  real pet names  for a dog, turtle , cat ,bird ,rabbit.Thank you and have great week

16 Oct 2011      

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi Epit

Strange request - LOL. Have you got a baby zoo to baptize?

Well, I have a she dog, Martina, my beloved lab was Carocha ( cockroach ) and I have a cat Lynce - those wild cats that live ( or no longer live ) between Portugal and Galizia
Once I had a golden fish - its name was CAN CAn ( Yes, Moulin Rouge, he swam at light speed when he heard ( ???? did he hear ) the music, I had a turtle, , very slow, so I took the name from the most loved cartoonist, Kino, the Argentinian creator of MAfalda, the best cartoon ever thought - the turtle was Burocracy.
A friend has a "horrible " , little, disgusting thing, similar toa dog - name, Floppy , surname Disk.

I had a Atila ( which turned out to be a very wild dog, indeed,  I had a Zorba, who would wave his tal as listening to Zorba theme ( amazing ) I had a sausage , do you know what it is ? , a basset, name Kayak, because he would move in a very slow and looooonnnng way, looking like what I thought , at the time, would be a kayak moving in calm waters. I also had a Snoopy ( very creative ) and a friend had a charming brown dog named Cocoa.

I had two Bells - Portuguese dogs from Serra da Estrela - don �t ask why, some cartoons on TV and my children wanted that name.

Birds ? Ok, let �s go - I had some perroquets many years ago - one was Greenish, ( because it was , guess, yes, not red, green - a female was very British , her name was Kate, even before the Prince was born or met Kate, the future Queen.
I also had an ugly, HUGE, BLACK cat ( very good for halloween parties ), its name was Quintela, a famous teacher, in the university, who, obviously, I loved so much, that I gave his name to the tramp cat.

My very first dog was a kind of a lawyer . his name was   LEX ( Law, in latin )

I had a wonderfull dove - Branquinha, cause she was white, I would call her name and she would answer , fly and land on me. In the evening, she would fly home to sleep - she was a very respectful dove, she wouldn�t sleep out.
I had a toad-name Peter pan, my dog Martina would follow his shadow on the walls, but never managed to find the toad

Rabbits, had one, once, don�t want to talk about the poor one - he would have been luckier anywhere else, the poor one.

Well, I �ve done my part, please, don �t invite me to be the godmother - ( joking )

Hugs and good luck with your zoo.

Have a nice week
Linda

17 Oct 2011     

Dameon
Thailand

it depends on the breed but here is a few suggestions

dog -  spike (mean looking dogs - pitbulls, rotweiler , bulldog etc)
         prince/princess (royal looking dogs - spaniels, setters , terriers )  
          rex  (playful/working dogs - labradors , beagals , sheepdogs )
          lord fontelroy can do it - ( british favorite - grayhounds.) **the more wacky the better
turtle - speedy ??
cat - tigger / tom / kity
bird - polly the parrot
rabbit - fluffy , hoppy

hope these might help.

17 Oct 2011