Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > What time is it?    

What time is it?

Apodo
Australia

What time is it?

Is it possible to have a clock/ timekeeper on the site, or the time a message was posted,  as I �ve seen in other forums?
It would be good to know how long ago a message was posted so things like �I �ll be back in 2 hours � will have more meaning: 2 hours from when?

18 Oct 2011      

edrodmedina
United States

Hi. I made the same suggestion to Victor a few months back and he said it was doable. I don �t knowif it �s a priority right now for him. Ed

18 Oct 2011     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi Apodo

Sorry if I mispelled words, at this time I see very badly.

I wrote, a few hours ago, that I would be back in 2 ( 3 , didn �t check ) houts. Don �t know if you are referring tothis post of mine.

I think we all have to know some Geography, if you post, you have a flag. If your flag is the one of the country whrere you live, I can calculate your time. If youe are living in "back of the world" and habe a Portuguuesse flag, �ll undersatnad that you are in my time zone.
This problem has already been raised here, some ofus have a flag of the country where we were born, but ar e living somewhere arouns . it �s hard to know.
I AM portugurese, living in this "Banana country# with Banana politicians",I would be better somewhere else, I would be better in Brazil, a country plenty of friendship and love, but, I have m fakily here, they won �t move, so, her eI STay .

I know, Apodo, we are many, and when I sleep, you are aworking, I know I get uo when you go to sleep, I know this world is finally stepping ahead to be a global village.

So, two or 3 hours in a planet village is not something that important.

I have already needed some support here, and people from the other side og the planet stayed awke to help me, no matter whar their clock said.

I will do the same, whenever possible and necesssry

Any improvemenyts in this site will be welcome, thoughtI think It �s a little bit difficult to demand more upon Victor.

Have anice day ( is it day, inyout part of the world ?. mine is past one am )

Linda

18 Oct 2011     

Apodo
Australia

Hi Linda,
(Though hopefully you �re in bed by now! I �m about to have lunch. )
I don �t have a problem with different times round the world, but if I leave the computer for a few hours and then return, or when I first look at my PC in the morning,  I don �t know how old the posts are. And yes, I did use your post as an example, but I didn �t mean it in any critical way. I just thought it would be good to know if the posts  are 5 seconds or 5 hours old.
Cheers,
Marion

18 Oct 2011