Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > conditional games    

conditional games

vale fernandez
Uruguay

conditional games

HELP!!!! hi friends can you suggest me any game of conditional sentences?? thanks in advanced

18 Oct 2011      

chiaras
Italy

Hi!

You can ask your students to work in pairs and to create a quiz like this one!

Or you can give them a similar quiz yourself. It works rather well with teen-agers! Just choose a topic your students are interested in.

Goodnight!Smile

Chiara

18 Oct 2011     

cagreis
Portugal

Here �s a link to a site with great online games on grammar, vocab, listening.... http://www.eslgamesworld.com/ 

18 Oct 2011     

Marija Vidović
Croatia

There are a few songs you can use when teaching conditionals, for example, "If I were a boy", Beyonce, or "All I want is you", the soundtrack of the film "Juno" or "If I had a million dollars", I can �t remember the name of the group. There are some activities at www.tuneintoenglish.com.
Or, you can ask your students to finish sentences , like, If you were a flower/car/colour//country/period in history/part of the body/nasty habit....what would you be and why?
For the first cond. you can say: If his name is Tarzan, what �s her name? If her name is Angelina, what � his name? et. You can ask students to produce questions like that in groups of three or four and you can have a competition,like , quiz
For zero cond, you can ask questions: What happens if...? Students can also produce similar questions.
A chain story: If I had a lot of money, I �d buy a fast car.
                      If I had a fast car, I �d drive too fast.
                      If I drove too fast, I �d have an accident.
                      If I had an accident, I �d go to hospital.
If I went to hospital, I �d meet a handsome doctor...... Get the idea? Students can write their own silly chain story.
You can write sentences in halves, give them to different students and they try to match them. You can have some funny combinations.
I hope I �ve been helpful
Best wishes,
Marija from Croatia

19 Oct 2011     

teresapr
Portugal

What about songs or a video?

19 Oct 2011