Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Is the spelling of the letter z in English different from its spelling in French?    

Is the spelling of the letter z in English different from its spelling in French?

om montaha
Tunisia

Is the spelling of the letter z in English different from its spelling in French?

Today one of my pupils said to me you should write the letter Z on the line in English our previous teacher told us about that ;it �s not the same as in french you can write it under the line
I was really surprised ??????????????????Can u help me?
Thanks in advance

19 Oct 2011      

ryma
Tunisia

just nonsense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19 Oct 2011     

om montaha
Tunisia

Thanks RYma

19 Oct 2011     

maryse pey�
France

here is an example of how you can write our letters in French. Even for capital letters our Z can go under the line.

I have learnt that way when I was a child. Even in Italian you can write like that.

Hope it will give you nice ideas for your kids.

19 Oct 2011     

om montaha
Tunisia

thanks Maryse I found the pupil �s remark strange In Tunisia French is our second language .

19 Oct 2011     

Zora
Canada

I also learned it that way... 

19 Oct 2011