Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > translation    

translation

mary-butterfly
Brazil

translation

Hi I �m here again to ask some help.
is the translation bellow right?

. Aborda tamb�m os fatores motivacionais que podem influenciar nos processos de transi��o e a import�ncia da compreens�o, tanto dos gestores quanto da �rea de gest�o de pessoas, em perceber os sinais dos colaboradores quanto suas d�vidas e inseguran�as diante do novo, a fim de amenizar os impactos causados pelas mudan�as organizacionais e relacionadas aos processos, e os resultados a serem atingidos.

. It  also Deals/addresses  motivational factors that will be influenced in/on the process of fusion and the importance of the comprehension of the managers and the human resources, how to realize the signal of the employees about their doubts and insecurity right in front of the new, to reduce the impacts caused by the organizational changes and relationed about the process and the results to be achieved.

thanks in advance

25 Oct 2011      

yanogator
United States

I don �t know Portuguese, but I don �t see why you translated "that will be influenced" as passive voice. Are the motivational factors influencing the process of fusion, or are they being influenced by the process of fusion? Anyway, if the passive is correct, you need "by", not "in" or "on". If active, then no preposition.

Also, and again, I don �t know Portuguese, should "que podem influenciar" be translated "which can influence", rather than "that will be influenced"?

And, you can say "deals with" (not just "deals") or "addresses". Both are correct.

Bruce

25 Oct 2011     

aliciapc
Uruguay

I second Bruce (you do seem to be able to speak Portuguese, though ;-)

25 Oct 2011     

yanogator
United States

No, Alicia, not speak it - just figure it out sometimes.

Eu n�o falo Portugu�s.

Bruce

25 Oct 2011