Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > An Interactive Board in our Language centre    

An Interactive Board in our Language centre

petili
Bulgaria

An Interactive Board in our Language centre

Hello, dear friends
Nice to be back again with you!!! I missed this site and you all. I �ve been working hard for months so I didn �t have any time for the site and I want to thank you all for your nice contributions and work. They saved me a lot of time. You were of great help for me. 
I have a problem now - we �ve just bought an interactive board and we have a deadline to learn how to use it and start work on it by the end of November. But it;s so diffucult and I need lots of time to find out how each tool works. They didn �t organise a special cours for us. We have to work it all out alone.
Could you please tell me what to do - Where to start from or if you know some useful sites I can use or read about how to use the board or how to make lessons... Oh, I �m lost in all these buttons and tools and....
Any suggestion or advice will be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Petya

1 Nov 2011      

67Englishteacher
France

prometheanplanet.com has tutorials. If you search the forum with keywords such as "interactive whiteboard" you �ll also find information and more links. That �s what I did a few weeks ago :) Actually I �m supposed to get such tool soon but I don �t know when exactly and I �m really excited. So I �d like to know how it works as soon as possible. But for the moment I �m far from being an expert. If your software is ActivStudio, it contains a tutorial as well showing you how to use the various tools.

Good luck!

1 Nov 2011     

petili
Bulgaria

Thanks a lot. I �ll do this search.
Our software is ActivInspire. I �m trying to find out how it works.
Have a nice week
Petya

1 Nov 2011     

carme sammut
Malta

HI I make use of Topmarks interactive activities.  This site has already lots of resources one can make use of .

good luck and enjoy.

www.topmarks.co.uk/Interactive.aspx

1 Nov 2011     

teresapr
Portugal

Another one:

1 Nov 2011     

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

Dear Petya,

One of the easiest ways to use the Interactive Whiteboard is to make it like a cinema screen.

Go to the computer which is connected to the Whitebard and enter a colourful Worksheet into the computer.  When you click on ActivInspire it should display your Worksheet on the screen on the wall.

Fantastic!  Now, every Student is looking at a Gigantic copy of your Worksheet.  Everything you highlight on the Computer is highlighted on the screen.  "Read this highlighted sentence, please, Student!"  "Answer this question, please!"  "How do you pronounce this word, please?"

When you enlarge the computer image, the �cinema � image enlarges also, so it is possible to concentrate on certain words and phrases.  It is exactly the same as pointing at the Worksheet with your finger, but 10 times bigger.  It is so much easier to get ALL students to concentrate on the same thing at the same time, because there is only ONE image to see, and nothing to distract.

You don �t need to learn any new Whiteboard rules yet, because you are simply using the Computer as normal.  However, it looks very impressive on the big screen.

If you have a Powerpoint Presentation, or a CD film --- Excellent!  Put it into the computer.  Now all students can see it without moving from their seats.  This is REALLY impressive.

Good luck!

Les

1 Nov 2011     

Minka
Slovenia

I think the centre should provide you with some material and training to enable you to use the interactive board. I agree, it �s impressive to see the WS on the "big screen", but I do that with my projector and an ordinary whiteboard. Which is great, because then we can write the solutions in with a marker. But interactive? Nope. I still have to learn that, too. We �ve got it now, but haven �t used it yet. But I don �t think it should be a problem, right?

1 Nov 2011     

petili
Bulgaria

Thank you very much for your tips and advice and the sites you shared with me.
I think they will be of great help. You are so reaponsive and helpful. I �m happy to have you as my friends
Have a nice week
Petya

1 Nov 2011