Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > ESL Recipe Book    

ESL Recipe Book

libertybelle
United States

I think that�s a great idea.
Two things to take into consideration are:
measuring differences.  (pints, kvarts vs. liters)
and
not use finished products.  Many countries don�t have finished mixes.
I make things from scratch.
L

27 Dec 2008     

Damielle
Argentina

you are right liberty. We have to agree on the meassures.

What i meant in the previous post was that we can ask Victor a new entry in the forum to include the recipes and customs traditions

27 Dec 2008     

Damielle
Argentina

What is "corn bread muffin mix" miss illinois?

27 Dec 2008     

frenchfrog
France

I gave this link to Domnitza earlier this afternoon:

http://www.foodbycountry.com/

27 Dec 2008     

ESL
United States

French frog - It would be wonderful to exchange YOUR favorite recipies.

Corn Bread Muffin mix is cornmeal, egg, milk, and sugar. We usually get it in a box. (Sorry)

I think if we are going to do this- which sounds great, we should post a measuring equalivency chart also.

27 Dec 2008     

frenchfrog
France

I can�t!! I have too many!
I have just made a white chocolate souffl�!

27 Dec 2008     

GIOVANNI
Canada

I also think it�s a great idea.   You can count me in.  Since we are from many different cultures it would be very interesting to try different
types of recipes.  Each year I have my students hand in their favourite recipe which is translated into English and at the end of the year a book is given to each student with all the recipes. 

27 Dec 2008     

aftab57
United Kingdom

The link provides some christmas features including a 2009 calendar featuring food from around the world.

28 Dec 2008     

eng789
Israel

I just got on-line and have been reading about the recipes and I am also interested.�
I agree that we should decide on a standard measurement. �I�m pretty sure that most of Europe and Israel uses the metric system of Kilograms and liters. �But its easy to convert �- there are lots of sites like this one.

http://www.metric-conversions.org/weight/kilograms-to-pounds.htm

I �also do a food project with my grade 8 pupils. �They have to choose their favorite dish, tell who makes it , where it comes from and write up the recipe using Present Passive. �We then have a banquet where everyone brings their dish to school and we get to taste the different dishes and each pupil has to give a short talk about the food. � The kids love it and we share recipes. �Its great. �If I can find the project I will up-load it with the rubrics and marking page.

28 Dec 2008     

meuge
Argentina

Yummy!!!
I am in too! I would love to share recipes!!! And more over, try them! LOL

28 Dec 2008     

< Previous   1    2