Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > ABOUT COPYRIGHTS    

ABOUT COPYRIGHTS

bomberito
Perú

ABOUT COPYRIGHTS

HI, DEAR TEACHERS, I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF I CAN TAKE ANY PICTURES AND EXERCISES FROM ENGLISH BOOKS LIKE INTERCHANGE, TOTAL ENGLISH, FACE TO FACE, ETC, BECAUSE I HAVE PREPARED SOME WORKSHEETS BASED ON THESE BOOKS AND I HAVENT SENT THEM �COZ I M AFRAID THEY ARENT CORRECT ACCORDING TO THE RULERS OF THIS WEBSITE

PLEASE GIVE ME AN ANSWER. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

8 Nov 2011      

maryse pey�
France

It is better if you can find the same picture in the free available on internet, or an equivalent always free.

Or if it is only 1 picture and specifying where it is from. But if the pictures are absolutely copyrights so it would be difficult for you not to be reported.

I am sure you would find equivalent pictures on interned. Or if they are simple you can draw them.

Be careful not to take watermarked (particularly iclipart) to illustrate your lesson.

Hope you can upload your wss soon.

8 Nov 2011     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

I beg to differ. Since when it �s "if"? It �s a "NO" full stop. It is clearly stated in the rules of this website:
Please, don �t use pictures taken from other ESL websites or books, even if you add your own exercises.
So no, you �re not allowed to use pictures from esl books.
And no you can�t upload exercises copied from books.
Your contributions must be your own creations
Sophia

8 Nov 2011     

moravc
Czech Republic

To make it absolutely clear:
- you may use an article from non-esl source (+ state the source - website / book / newspaper)
- you must ALWAYS make your own exercises (NO copied exercises)
- you can use non-copyrighted pictures with no watermarks
- if your worksheet contains copyrighed pics, you must change the pics for non-copyrighted (cliparts, photos). Pictures are not the most important part of the worksheet, the exercises and follow-up activities (written by you) are the most important thing...
- you can �t use material from els sources (esl websites / books), because it wouldn �t be fair
See the rules: http://www.eslprintables.com/rulesofthewebsite.htm
"Your contributions must be your own creations. You can use free images from cliparts or other free sources. You can also use images that you have subscribed to and paid for."
"Please, don�t use pictures taken from other ESL websites or books, even if you add your own exercises."
"You can use texts from other websites or books in your worksheets if you add your own exercises or activities (For example, reading comprehension questions, etc). Please don�t take texts from other ESL websites or books, it would be unfair."

8 Nov 2011