Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Best Teaching Practices    

Best Teaching Practices

rach81
Philippines

Best Teaching Practices

Hello everyone,

I have been teaching English for 8 yrs now and i wanted to improve more, May I know what are your best teaching practices?

Thanks in advance

rach  c",)

10 Nov 2011      

rommaya
Egypt

hi dear....

I have been teaching for 15 years.....mainly grades 6 and 7. I always

implement a video from you tube that goes with the idea or concept which I am teaching�accompanied with questions ,given first so students will understand what they are watching for, which will help me dive into the lesson��.

I also implement as many Kagan structures as possible especially when answering exercises or revising for cooperative learning.

I make sure to have a different activity or work sheet for my high achievers, low achievers, and average achievers.

When teaching a new grammar lesson I give either a text with simple questions which will lead into the clarification of the lesson  or a video�

When teaching an old grammar lesson , one which I know my students have been exposed to before, I give a simple test first�one which is designed to tell me the concepts they know so I can focus on the ones which escaped them..

I always make sure that my student are taking notes on A4 ruled papers, and that they are keeping these notes in their English files�We start by copying what I write on the board � thus my board has to be well planned and very clear- then we move slowly to writing what I say not what I write on the board�.by the end of the year their notes will include what they have decided is important for them not what I think is important for them.

I hope I was useful,

Reem  

10 Nov 2011     

huykenken
Vietnam

The Simple is the Bes, that �s my philosoph, may fellow.

10 Nov 2011     

huykenken
Vietnam

You can download my sharings?

10 Nov 2011     

rach81
Philippines

Thanks rommaya

10 Nov 2011