Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > idioms with cats, just to share    

idioms with cats, just to share

perma
Greece

idioms with cats, just to share

Hello everyone!

I came across an interactive quiz with idioms with cats the other day which gave me the idea to make an illustrated one for my students.

I �m almost sure there are copyright issues with the pictures, so I won �t upload it here. If you �re interested you can take it from the links below.
It �s a presentation and you have to use it together with the worksheet! Your students will have their worksheets in front of them, watch the ppt and match the idioms to their meanings. Then there �s a fill the gaps exercise. 
It �ll take approximately 10 minutes lesson time. 

I just turned the pptx into a ppt and didn �t go in the trouble of resizing/compressing pictures so it �s a large file, sorry!
If you do download, please come back here and leave a comment as it �s the first time I use file-sharing machines like that and I want to make sure I did things right.
Of course, I �d love to know if you liked it, too! LOL

Have a nice day!

PS- Completely editable, forgot to say.

13 Nov 2011      

LILIAAMALIA
Greece

Dear perma,

It �s great. Can you explain a little more how this file sharing machine works?

Kisses Lilia

13 Nov 2011     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

I �ve just donloaded the files and the ppt is great! I would increase the font size in the ws though. 
Thanks for the wonderful materials, Katerina.
Have a nice Sunday,
Sophia

13 Nov 2011     

serene
Greece

I had been thinking of preparing a similar worksheet for my students, so you �ve saved me the time and the effort.
Thanks a lot for sharing!
Have a nice Sunday!

13 Nov 2011     

perma
Greece

I �m very glad you like it Smile

Lilia, this is actually a file-sharing host (not "machine" as i put it before!) and there are many on the net. I chose media fire http://www.mediafire.com/ for no real reason, I just liked the name more than others! You can choose a free account, register and upload files that you want to share. After uploading it gives you a link to each file, which you can share with your friends. 

Sophia, I generally use fonts smaller than these, to save space in my worksheets! It �s true some teachers have told me it �s hard for them to read, but my students have no problem and neither have I - yet! So I do it to save paper!

Have a nice Sunday everyone, hugs from rainy Athens

13 Nov 2011     

vickyvar
Greece

Nice work!!! Thank you!!!

13 Nov 2011     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

Dear Katerina,

Many thanks for sharing your valuable work with us! Thumbs Up

I�ve just downloaded your worksheet without any problems and must say it�s lovely AND useful, of course. :-))

Have a nice Sunday, greetings from sunny but cold Germany - Silke

13 Nov 2011     

arkel
Ireland

Really well done and useful, thank you:)

13 Nov 2011     

Mallerenga
Spain

Wow, fantastic work!
I had no problem downloading (it was really fast in fact).
Thank you for sharing with us and have a nice Sunday.

13 Nov 2011     

Lovely Lana
Greece

Tnanks a lot for such great workand for this idea of file sharing tool!

PS No problems downloading-quick and simple

13 Nov 2011     

Urpi
Peru

13 Nov 2011     

1    2    Next >