Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > A Froggy Bloody Day    

A Froggy Bloody Day

sruggy
Morocco

A Froggy Bloody Day

No room for my frogs

27 Dec 2008      

blizzard1
Denmark

Dear sruggy

It is true. We have seen a lot of cute, green and no so green frogs on the forum. It might seem to you that this is a futile way of using the forum but we teachers should also be allowed to have fun and be a bit silly once in a while. Most people regard frogs as a neutral animal without any political or religious message.

If I remember correctly, last time, when people objected to your message on the forum, it was because it had a strong political message just as the cartoon you just posted.

What we complained about last time and I do so this time is that we want to keep the forum and the website as neutral as possible. We avoid talking or discussing people�s political and religious views.  That doesn�t mean that we personally aren�t aware of the global conflicts.

As teachers we should see beyond politics and religious conflicts and try to teach our students tolerance and respect.

I really hope I don�t sound rude to you. I�m just trying to make a point.

Regards and best wishes for the coming New Year.

27 Dec 2008     

postaci61
Turkmenistan

u r absulutely right sruggy

27 Dec 2008     

Logos
Malaysia

I agree wholeheartedly with Trisha and find your comment about the contributions being �futile� as being a rather pompous and insensitive expresssion.  At this holiday season, light hearted humour and silly frog pictures are a pleasant interlude to the work and preparation necessary for language teachers during the rest of the year.

As has been pointed out, you in the past have submitted illustrations that have been blatently political in nature and whilst I am sure all contributors around the world do not condone violence in any fashion this is NOT the forum to publicise this type of issue.

Please keep controversial issues away from this forum and respect the good hearted nature of the banter and light hearted contributions of the members.  You even point out that you know you are using the forum in the wrong way - then why do you do it? if not to provoke and sound off your own political agendas. If you don�t like what you see, then I suggest you go somewhere else for your reading pleasure. 

I too would not wish to sound rude, but please get the message.  This site is NOT for political gain or propaganda.

27 Dec 2008     

jecika
Serbia

Hello Sruggy,
when I think of you I think of a very creative and fantastic worksheet maker ... and I won�t change my mind about that no matter what you say on the forum ... that is a fact.
I am one of those who took part in using the forum for posting as you say futile messages today.
Just one question ... Have you ever heard of Serbia? ... the country I come from ... if not I would like to let you know this was one of the rare carefree and fun days for me.
So ... excuse me for being so foolish to allow myself to have a little bit of fun and enjoy something else other than dealing with problems.
Free your mind ... don�t be so critical and judgmental ... please ... a few teachers having fun won�t change the world

28 Dec 2008     

Logos
Malaysia

Sruggy,

You leave me speechless - I am so grateful for you pointing out the error of my ways.  How was I ever to realise that little pictures of frogs were part of a larger political agenda decided by �my political deciders�.  I think both you and I should be equally enlightened and close this issue to leave future topics to those who are obviously not so politically manipulated as i am.

28 Dec 2008     

manonski (f)
Canada

Tisha, I am quoting you "Most people regard frogs as a neutral animal without any political or religious message."
Just for you info, did you know that French Canadians are called frogs? So, it seems frogs do have a certain message and are not that neutral Wink.
Be certain that I am not turning this into a political thing at all. It�s just some info I wanted you to know. I think that frogs are cute little animal.
A very happy new year everyone from this Canadian frog (and proud of it)!!!

28 Dec 2008     

frenchfrog
France

Sruggy, why are you always acting this way???? Instead of taking part in our posts (however silly you may find them), you prefer to show your discontent later on in a new post!!

You obviously did not understand why WE did all this. I say WE because I was not the only one, I was not even the one who started all this, I simply followed the movement. What we tried to do was remove the big pictures so that the homepage could be visible again, especially for more interesting or urgent posts.

If you were not pleased with our reaction, why did you not start an �interesting� topic? We would have been too happy to join you in the discussion! But the thing is, you did NOT.

28 Dec 2008