Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > The best Pronunciation Teaching Program    

The best Pronunciation Teaching Program

lxthinh71
Vietnam

The best Pronunciation Teaching Program

What is the best program you often use to teach pronunciation? Thanks for your help.

15 Nov 2011      

Lina Ladybird
Germany

I never use such kind of programme in my lessons, sorry... Can�t recommend anything. Shouldn�t the teacher tell the students how the words are pronounced correctly? That�s our job, isn�t it?! ;-))

15 Nov 2011     

Mariethe House
France

I googled "teaching English pronunciation " and found this which is quite thorough and easy.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/learningenglish/grammar/pron/

hope it helps.

15 Nov 2011     

makaoschool
Bulgaria

For just words I use the Cambridge Dictionary Online. If I want them to hear the word spoken by a native speaker or for them to use at home.

15 Nov 2011     

chrisel
Canada

I can recommend 2 websites that are interesting.  The first one has worksheets to accompany the lessons; I teach a group lesson with part, and then give the students any worksheets they need to continue or to practice. 

For the 2nd website, you need to know the IPA (International Phonetic Alphabet), or I suppose you will learn if you practice on this site a lot!

15 Nov 2011     

MapleLeaf
Canada

I like Charles Becker English Pronunciation Pod. You can listen to his podcasts on line, but Mp3 are not for free. 

16 Nov 2011