Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > How do you make one WS appear in several categories?    

How do you make one WS appear in several categories?

firstime
France

How do you make one WS appear in several categories?

Hello everyone!
I�ve never managed to understand how you can make a single WS appear in different categories (for example, in "Christmas" and "phonetics" at the same time). We can choose just one topic when we give printable information after uploading... or am I wrong?

Thanks for your answers.

PS: And for those I enrolled in the "what is �huel�?" debate some days ago, I told the girl she might have misread the word, so she asked her mother who told me it was the word "luck"LOL...

28 Dec 2008      

jecika
Serbia

Hello firstime Big smile
I don�t think one worksheet can appear in more than one category ... but I am not sure Ermm
I am glad the Mistery of Christmas 2008 has been solved ... so Best of HUEL LOL in the future to you and all members of eslprintables Thumbs Up

28 Dec 2008     

Pacchy
Argentina

Everytime we upload a printable we have to fill in a form. There is one part where you can add more specific information or any other category if neccessaryEmbarrassed. Try it!!
Pacchy

28 Dec 2008     

firstime
France

Yes, Jecika, it�s possible for just one printable to appear at several places, I�ve already seen that. Thanks for the tip, Pacchy, but I�ve already tried it and it doesn�t work...

Best of HUEL to you too, Jecika!! LOL

28 Dec 2008     

blizzard1
Denmark

Hello firstime,

When you upload a ws this form appears. Write in "Other contents" additional topics concerning your ws.
I hope this helps.

Title:

Author: Ohlsen

Type:

Level:

Main content: (choose one from these three fields)
Vocabulary: Grammar: Others:

Other contents:

(Write here the contents separated by commas. For example: food, dinner, restaurant, cooking)

Description/comments:

28 Dec 2008     

Damielle
Argentina

Yes, Tisha is right!

By the way, why don�t we make sure that we fill in the form in the correct way? Let me give an example,

I wanted to get some reading comprehension and conversation worksheets but the result of my search was full of vocabulary and grammar worksheets. I think that this is like a library: a book misplaced is almost lost. This worksheet collection is growing everyday so it would be more difficult and more difficult to get a specific piece of our work.

I know that everyone can make a  mistake when filling in the form but do you know that there is an option to edit the printable information?

28 Dec 2008     

spring
Turkey

You know in old days we used to write the date to the "other contents" part so that we can make a through search by date but later Victor fixed this problem.We have been already seeing the printables by searching the date thanks to him.But this is so funny that I haven�t realized(up to now) that there is no need to write the date in  the form any more..LOL How silly!!!Wacko
And How I couldn�t realized using "other contents" part for categorizing..
Thank you firstime for starting this discussion.
You opened my eyesBig smile
Concentrating on smth too much  has sometimes negative effects.I see it now...

28 Dec 2008     

firstime
France

Thanks for your explanation, Tisha! I�ve already tried that, it doesn�t work. It�s a shame because some WS tackle multiple subjects and it would be nice to find them in several categories (for example, Katiana made a WS on adjectives and present continuous, where do I find it? Adjectives or present continuous?).
As for the misplaced WS, Danielle... nobody can do much about it, except the author of the WS...

Best of huel to you, spring!

28 Dec 2008     

sedefg�l
Turkey

Hi firstime!
I don�t know what can be done about this problem for I have never tried doing this. But I have a prediction about it. If you upload the worksheet twice in the two different categories, it will appear in both categories!
I hope it is so!

28 Dec 2008