Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Do you recognise this text?    

Do you recognise this text?

perma
Greece

Do you recognise this text?

Hi everyone!

I need your help. One of my students handed in a piece of writing which I �m almost sure she has copied from a course book. The style reminds me of Express Publishing books but I cannot find it in my collection! I thought someone here might have come across it. The story has the title "An unusual gallery" and it starts like this:

"It was a beautiful afternoon in the woods near the village of Montignac. Four friends strolled happily among the tall trees, telling stories about the forest. As they were walking, one of them fell over. When the other ran to help him they saw that there was a hole in the ground. The boys started to dig."

At the end of the story the boys discovered the Lascaux paintings! The story ends with the sentence "Then the boys felt really proud" (typical Express Publishing story ending!)

Does it remind you of anything? As I said I �m almost 100% sure that it �s copied, still I �d like to know where it �s taken from!

Katerina

5 Dec 2011      

Lancillotta:
Italy

Hi, you may  use this site:

Tipe the first sentence and you �ll reach a couple of sites. I can �t open them. I hope you can.

Have a nice day
Sabrina

5 Dec 2011     

luna21tic
Greece

Yoy are completely right. It comes from Access 4 (Student �s book, p.24) Express Publishing
Have a nice day 
ChristinaSmile

5 Dec 2011     

perma
Greece

Thank you very much everyoneHug

I knew I could count on you Wink

5 Dec 2011     

luna21tic
Greece

Yoy are completely right. It comes from Access 4 (Student �s book, p.24) Express Publishing
Have a nice day 
ChristinaSmile

5 Dec 2011     

joy2bill
Australia

The other thing students sometimes use is http://translate.google.com/
They forget that we, teachers, have a sixth sense for constructions which the student probably doesn �t know!

6 Dec 2011     

perma
Greece

Google and other translators have often given me a good laugh!

For example a student trying to write a paragraph about train travel wrote once that
"When you travel by train you reach your DESTINY fast" 
(destination LOL!!!!)
And
"Train is a MIDDLE of METAPHOR"
(means of transport... as in Greek the words for "middle" and "means" are homophones, while metaphor comes from the Greek word "metaphora" which means transport!)
LOL

6 Dec 2011     

yanogator
United States

I have a Brazilian friend who came to Cincinnati for a month to study English. As a beginner, he relied heavily on Google Translator. I told him that he doesn �t speak Ingl�s; he speaks Googl�s!

Bruce

6 Dec 2011     

rsneha
India

This is a free plagiarism checker site. It checks your text to see if its original or not, find out today! 

27 May 2022