Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > looking for songs on this site    

looking for songs on this site

MarionG
Netherlands

looking for songs on this site

Dear people at ESLp,
I have a question; when we send a printable we are asked to indicate the type. There is quite a list to choose from, among the options is "song". When I am looking for a printable, however, I don �t see "song" as an option in the search bar. Am I missing something? I specifically want to find a song about imperatives for pre-intermediate level 11 year olds (but street-wise, no Barney:). I tried writing �imperative, song � in the search bar but there must be more than what I found....
Any ideas for more effective searching, as well as any suggetins for a song would be highly appreciated

12 Dec 2011      

ascincoquinas
Portugal

Dear Marion!

On your left there is the option "song". Try to search there....

Best of luck

ascincoquinas.

12 Dec 2011     

a isabel
Portugal

I also found the song below in "listening"

http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=446574#thetop

Hope it helps.
Hugs
AIsabel

12 Dec 2011     

Jayho
Australia

Hi Marion

You can add �song � into the search field .e.g

Search worksheets, lesson-plans, flashcards...

Level: Age: Type:

Contents:  
Enter here the contents you are looking for (phrasal verbs, halloween,...)

by the user:

Search only recent contributions

Cheers

Jayho

13 Dec 2011     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi Marion

Sooooooooo long, hope you are doing well.

I can �t, just can �t, this has been such a wonder of a lesson, I feel I must share it.

I used this one with my second grade, two years ago. Difficult one, I didn �t use the whole song, but I was asked for a " bis" and a "plenty". They loved it. William Tell.
Give it a try, if you don �t find anythig more suitable.

Frenchfrog had a very cute printable with this, but now she deleted all her printables. I �m sure you can pm her - she had a lovely powerpoint... I also can have an early Spring cleaning and look for what I did in that lesson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nem0bkErGVY

Hope this can be useful

Hugs, Marion

Linda

13 Dec 2011     

stuartallen77
China

Hiya, I have found the same thing and did ask about it. I think the issue is re-writing the code for the site and the search function may put everything else all wrong, so its easier to ask for than actually do. Its also very expensive to change something like that, as it can take many days to fix! (Sorry, a bit techie today!!)

Anyway, the above suggestions do make sense, so I will give that a go myself!

Cheers,

Stuart

13 Dec 2011     

Jayho
Australia

Hi again Marion

Well I didn �t read your post fully the first time and I advised you to do something that you had already done.  Sorry.

The good news is that I found a beaut song on the internet for you here from the Songs for Teaching site. I think it is appropriate for your age group.

There is also this

Cheers

Jayho

13 Dec 2011     

MarionG
Netherlands

Sorry I didn �t get back in time (before it left the forum) to thank you all for your suggestions and willingness to help, you �re fantastic!

13 Dec 2011     

MarionG
Netherlands

Sorry I didn �t get back in time (before it left the forum) to thank you all for your suggestions and willingness to help, you �re fantastic!

13 Dec 2011