Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help - what is meant by the following title in the newspaper...    

Help - what is meant by the following title in the newspaper...

Mariya-ye
Russian Federation

Help - what is meant by the following title in the newspaper...

Hello, everyone.
I need to translate one article written in English and there �s a question about its title.What is meant by the following title in the newspaper:

" An Iraq veteran and 9/11 survivor says that we cannot win until all Americans sacrifice" - so, what does " 9/11 survivor" mean: - the one who survived out of 13, but what is " 9"then? - 9 people out of 13 - but why does the word " says" is in singular Present Simple?

14 Dec 2011      

LILIAAMALIA
Greece

Hello,
It means that he survived the Twins Towers Tragedy on 11th September.

14 Dec 2011     

Mariya-ye
Russian Federation

Oh, thank you so much!!!!! I didn �t think about it. You �ve helped me very much!

14 Dec 2011     

Mariya-ye
Russian Federation

Oh, thank you so much!!!!! I didn �t think about it. You �ve helped me very much!

14 Dec 2011     

stuartallen77
China

"9/11 Survivor" simply means somebody who was in the Trade Centre building on September 11th 2001, but got out alive, and lives still today.

By the way, check out "Loose Change: 2nd Edition" on DVD/download....a BIG talking point here and anywhere!!!!!! Clap

Stuart

14 Dec 2011