Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Those who teach Spanish as a foreign language    

Those who teach Spanish as a foreign language

morganalin
Portugal

Those who teach Spanish as a foreign language

Hello, how are you?
Once again I need your help, but in particulary those who teach Spanish as a foreign language, or even if u are a native spanish speaker.
I �m at University again taking a Spanish degree and one of the teachers asked to a work to present in class. My work is going be about los demonstrativos - adjetivos y pronombres and I have to create 4 activities to present them to class. The teacher emphasized that he didn �t want exercises, but activities. I have thought that maybe I �m going to present to the class some sentences using the demonstratives (adjectives) and them they have to rewrite them using the pronouns. I have also thought about giving them a song to complete using the demonstratives, the problem is that I don �t know a spanish song which I can work with. And that �s it!!!! I have no idea of what I can do to present the demonstratives in spanish, I need 4 activities  and I only have one at the moment. Exercises such as fill in the gaps are out of the question for the teacher...
we don �t have a specific level to work with, beginner, intermediate, both are possible

Any suggestions? Feel free to send me a private message if you prefer

Thanks a lot in advance

Take care

26 Dec 2011      

mena22
Portugal

Hi! I �m sure you �ll get some ideas in this post:

Have a good evening,
mena

26 Dec 2011     

Alesch
Chile

This is how I teach them in English.
I write a short... very short explanation on the board, basically just examples and a few arrows. I divide the board on 4.

All the while, i make them practice the examples. Then, on a table in front of them I put a bunch of things that they need to request from me, to some students I ask them to come close so that they say this (este).

Example:

�qu� te gustar�a de lo hay en esta mesa?

Ese

(muestras el equivocado) ��ste?

no, ese rojo de la derecha.

You have to tell them that they can �t get what they are asking for if they don �t use the domonstrative adjective or pronoun.

And I don �t personally like this song... but it has demonstratives.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWX4EmJuRNw

27 Dec 2011     

lagringa
Argentina

Hello, Morganalin. Perhaps you can use "A esa"by Pimpinela to teach demonstratives. Hugs from Argentina, Lagringa.

27 Dec 2011     

raquelb
Spain

some more songs Smile

Joaquin Sabina - "Nos Sobran Los Motivos" 

La oreja de Van Gogh - "Aquella ingrata"

Grego- "Aquel chico"

27 Dec 2011     

morganalin
Portugal

Hello, thanks a lot for your response. I �ve just finished my work, using some of your sugestions.
Once again thanks for your help
Take care

27 Dec 2011