Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > A HAPPY NEW YEAR    

A HAPPY NEW YEAR

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

A HAPPY NEW YEAR

Dear Members of ESLP,

In my young days, I accepted daily life as something that I assumed would continue for ever, without change.

There were my ever-present parents and loved-ones, my always-available friends, and my oft-repeated unsophisticated pleasures.

However, in later years, it has come to me, more and more sharply, that one by one, I am losing these great, splendid, wonderful gifts.  First, parents and loved-ones, then friends, and ultimately, the simplest pleasures of life: a kind word; a kiss; and even a smile.

And I am losing them, without even acknowledging their importance to me.

So, tonight, I am taking this opportunity to show my deep appreciation and to thank every one of you, whether known to me or not, for sending over the Internet to me kind words, hugs and kisses, and beautiful smiles of encouragement.

I cannot let my thoughts of today remain unsaid and pass into oblivion; I cannot allow the chiming bells of midnight to drown my words; I cannot permit the old year to die without expressing a Heartfelt Wish for the new-born year, to my Dear, Dear, Dear Friends of the Loving Community of ESLP.

�I wish you all, Joy, Health, and abundant Love, under the protecting canopy of God�s Peace�.

Les

31 Dec 2011      

Mariethe House
France

Les,
 Why should you, at this time of night speak my words? SmileAm I getting that old that suddenly everything seems to collapse around me? Have just come back from the cinema and was shedding a few tears.. Where have they all gone ?Suddenly feeling so lonely...What happened? If I am honest I will just say they have gone and I have shut myself to avoid suffering . They are still here in our hearts... They have given us so much, they have given us plenty and now, let us give others what they have given us! Let us give out love, friendship, smiles and hugs ... What part of the big machine am I? A part without which the rest of the world wouldn �t exist. We are all necessary for the world to go round. Me , You, everyone! Les, please  don �t forget all you give at this place, the thousands of people you help with your kind words and explanations. Thank you for your somehow sad smile in your avatar. Promise me you will make it larger and happier tomorrow!
 And a very joyful, healthy and surprising year to you and to everyone at this place!Hug

31 Dec 2011     

olaola
Italy

Smile

1 Jan 2012     

maryse pey�
France

happy new year 2012 pictures
Now I can say it : Happy New Year dear Les !

And please never stop making us laugh !

Hugs from France.

Maryse.

1 Jan 2012     

mariannina
Italy

Les, how "magic" you are! Your words reached the heart of a granny who, while celebrating the new year, was thinking of a personal world that has gone, but not forever! Marieth� is right, what we are is also part of what our loved ones gave us and left us in our hearts...everything is in us!
I share with you and all our dear friends this moment of sweet melancholy before going back to welcome the new year. What will it be? I �m curious, let �s live each moment of it to discover what it has reserved to us!
May 2012 be a "good one"!
Hugs and kisses.
Nonna

1 Jan 2012     

moravc
Czech Republic

Dear Les,
Thank you for your wise words and all your help at forum. Currently, I feel sad and lonely but I hope to change my gloomy mood into something positive... I have been reading quotes lately and this one touched my heart so I will share it with you:

Every day we may make progress. Every step may be fruitful. Yet there will stretch out before you an ever-lengthening, ever-ascending, ever-improving path. You know you will never get to the end of the journey. But this, so far from discouraging, only adds to the joy and glory of the climb.

Sir Winston Churchill

Dearest friends,
Never give up trying. Life brings magic!
May the year 2012 send warmth and happiness into your life!

1 Jan 2012     

David Lisgo
Japan

Spoken like a true Geordie Les and something many off us would like to say but cannot elucidate. May this community help fill that inevitable void we all have. A very happy new year to you and to all who read this. (Sorry no hugs and kisses from me; I �m in Japan).
David

1 Jan 2012     

manonski (f)
Canada

Wow, you are such a great man LES!  I hope 2012 will be kind to you and your loved ones.

Happy New Year everyone!

Manon

1 Jan 2012     

inmanena
Spain

Dear Les

Thanks for those words. Just like a mirror for many of us who may think about all you �ve written but we just simply don �t say it.

I �ve learnt through the years that just a smile or a kind word, a person near you to guide you and feel their warmth in the most desperate situations is really a treasure. Thanks for your work which helps so many of us.

Happy New year wishing you all the best to you and your beloved ones. Hugs from Spain

1 Jan 2012     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Thanks Les
Beautiful words and so , but so real - life is offered us, we have to enjoy it, take profit of it and, always be sure that we deserve what we get and do our best to turn everyone �s life the best possible. And, we can. at least, we have to try.

Translation :

Don �t say the song is lost
Believe in God, believe in Life

Try again.

Happy New Year, Les, all the best.

Linda

1 Jan 2012     

Mar0919
Mexico

Hi, Les! Even though I haven �t been around as much as I �d like, I do like and appreciate every one of your posts. You always have a kind word for everyone, you �re always willing to help with your expertise, you �re always THERE.

Like you, I �d like to express my good wishes to ALL the members of this wonderful community. And like you, I sometimes and wonder about so many things. But like Linda says, "Believe in God, Believe in Life"...

We shouldn �t wait for one whole year to express how much we cherish such good people we have met through this site. To say "thank you �s" to say "I love you �s", to say, "I �m here"... EVERY SINGLE DAY we have the opportunity to recommence... a new beginning. God gives us this beautiful opportunity every single day.

So, let �s put this into practice, let �s say EVERYDAY what our heart feels at the moment. Don �t feel embarrassed to express your feelings!

So, today dear friends, I want to say THANK YOU... for making me feel at home in this wonderful site, thank you to VICTOR for creating this site for us. Thank you all!!!

Big smile   Hug

1 Jan 2012     

1    2    3    4    Next >