Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > First day of school!!    

First day of school!!

miesies muis
Namibia

First day of school!!

On Monday I will start to teach at a  new school. On Wednesday it will be the first day of school for my Grade 1 class. I am looking for ideas on what to do with them for the day, seeing that I will be busy with lots of admin as well and trying to get the kids calm and comfortable at the school. I know that if you don �t keep them busy they will get out of hand. Could you please give me some ideas??

Thank you

5 Jan 2012      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Why not browse through the games and activities here and see what will suit your needs
Sophia

5 Jan 2012     

juliag
Japan

I would do some getting to know you games (lots of interactive stuff) and introduce the routines that you want to put into place in the classroom so you get a head start on these. Maybe the kids could spend some of the time making a poster about their vacation for you to decorate the classroom with this - this could kill two birds with one stone; help the classroom to feel more like their community and make the walls look pretty. Also keeps them occupied doing something fun which should leave your hands free to do a little administrative work if you need to.

6 Jan 2012     

Sara26
Brazil

Some ideas here:

Hope they help.Smile

7 Jan 2012