Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > I have a dream    

I have a dream

wysiwyg
France

I have a dream

I have a dream...I �ve had it for years, but it seems I can �t make it: I �d love to visit a British school, spend a couple of days watching classes; I wrote to the Headteacher of a school near London, but didn �t get any reply. Any suggestions, dear colleagues? I �m not planning to organise a visit with my pupils, I �d just like to go there on my own, it doesn �t sound impossible, does it?

5 Jan 2012      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

It would be better to enroll in some professional development course which provides that, because I don �t see how a school could let a stranger in their classroom.
Sophia

5 Jan 2012     

wysiwyg
France

I �m afraid there are no courses that would just allow me to visit a school....

5 Jan 2012     

Choli
Argentina

I �ve had the same idea in mind for years! I would love to watch a native teacher and kids (6-8 y.o.) at least during one lesson. I could help during the Spanish lesson in exchange...

I �ll be in London 17-24 January. If any of you think we can make it possible, let me know!
Or if you are a native teacher teaching English as a foreign language in Paris, Barcelona, Antwerp or Amsterdam and can invite me to watch one of your lessons around those dates, please, send me a message.

Hugs!

5 Jan 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Have you tried to establish an official link-up and do some international project and then arrange a professional exchange visit?
How about applying for a job in the UK for a year or smth (in case you are free to move somewhere for a year, not my case though - married with two kids)? They have programmes for international assistants http://www.britishcouncil.org/languageassistants-why-employ-an-assistant.htm

BTW here �s what I found on the net http://www.ipde.org.uk/visitors-to-the-uk/study-visits

Sophia

5 Jan 2012     

wysiwyg
France

Thank you Sonia, unfortunately I �m not free at all...I am the lucky mother of three children, and even if they aren �t youngs kids, I still have responsibilities here in France.I think the best thing for me to do would be to find a teacher in Britain who would be interested in a private arrangement, and I would be glad to welcome him/her in my school (it wouldn �t be a problem at all, our Headteacher would definitely be glad to open the doors of our school). Anyone interested? I live in the North of France, one hour and a half from London by the Eurostar...

5 Jan 2012     

helena2009
Hungary

What about the Comenius Programme???????????????????

5 Jan 2012     

wysiwyg
France

Yes, Helena, the Comenius programme is very interesting, I �ll browse their site to see if I could find what I �m looking for. Thumbs Up

5 Jan 2012     

helena2009
Hungary

In my country there are travel agencies which organise  everything.

You have only two tasks:

1 Find a school which welcomes you or find a conference which you are interested in.

2 Get money from the European Union. You can pay for the agency �s work from this money.

Good luck.

Helena

5 Jan 2012     

mariamit
Greece

I think Helena �s  suggestion is excellent. Only if you want to do it before September  you need to hurry up. The deadline is January 16th. In case you don �t know a lot about it this will get you started  

http://ec.europa.eu/education/llp/doc/call12/fiches/com5_en.pdf

Good Luck!

Maria

5 Jan 2012     

wysiwyg
France

Thank you very much!

5 Jan 2012     

1    2    Next >