Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Help for students preparing for IELTS, TOEIC TOEFL etc.    

Help for students preparing for IELTS, TOEIC TOEFL etc.

David Lisgo
Japan

Help for students preparing for IELTS, TOEIC TOEFL etc.

My daughter says that she should study for IELTS as she hopes to study abroad for one year whilst at university, so I �m going to recommend this program to her and no doubt be asked by her to pay for her subscription, so I had better get moving so that I can take advantage of the special offer.

Word Engine
High Speed Vocabulary Learning System

If you don �t know the Lexxica �Word Engine �, it �s well worth taking a look. It can assess the words a student knows, and predict the next words that can and need to be learned for a particular purpose. It is especially useful for preparing for exams such as TOEIC, TOEFL, IELTS, EIKEN ... and includes courses of various levels and for general busin...ess English.

"The major drawback of vocabulary books and even computer vocabulary programs is that regardless of the learner �s ability, they teach the same content to everyone. Tremendous amounts of time are wasted reviewing English that is already known. Wouldn �t it be fantastic if a computer could diagnose each student �s actual needs and prepare a personalized learning course focusing on the most important vocabulary they are missing?"

"...
In addition to developing accurate vocabulary lists Dr. Culligan and the Lexxica team have developed a patented diagnostic test called V-Check. When a student takes the V-Check test it identifies the probabilities of their knowing each of the 50,000 words in Lexxica �s database. The V-Check system then calculates the sum value of a student �s known words against the requirement for each subject. V-Check reports a student �s comprehension as a coverage percentage for each different subject. V-Check then removes known words from the learning course so students can stay focused on learning just the words they are missing for their subject."
See More
www.wordengine.jp
The free V-Check test calculates your vocabulary size, compares your score, and prepares your personal flashcards. Word Engine is the fastest, cheapest, easiest way to increase vocabulary comprehension for exams and careers

7 Jan 2012      

Errie
Japan

Thnx a lot for sharing this link David!

7 Jan 2012     

...Alena...
Russian Federation

Thank you so much dear David!

I find it really useful.

7 Jan 2012