Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Advise on how to reduce file size on powerpoint and Clarification on Image     

Advise on how to reduce file size on powerpoint and Clarification on Image

becsfenton
United Kingdom

Advise on how to reduce file size on powerpoint and Clarification on Image

Hi,
Ive got a load of (what I think are very useful powerpoints) but they are particularly big as they use a lot of images. So my first question:
1) How do I reduce the file size

2) Can I use images that Ive downloaded on Google (and they dont have any �copyright � or logos imprinted across them).

If there isnt a solution, would it be acceptable to upload the powerpoint with �TEXT BOX � stating what kind of image should be inserted.
Thanks for your help!
becky 

7 Jan 2012      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Hello Rebecca,
Welcome to the website:)
You can check the tutorials section, they are free to download and they have the info you need
Sophia

7 Jan 2012     

becsfenton
United Kingdom

Thanks Sophie, but im on a macbook and its slightly different. Do you know of a way of getting the file size down at all on a Mac? ive spent the last hour looking online and there doesnt seem to be an answer (that works!)
Many thanks  :o)
Rebecca

7 Jan 2012     

languaria
Germany

Hi Becky,

I am no computer expert and I don �t have a macbook but I think these programmes (freeware) should help you:

1) photofiltre   - you copy your pics (without text) and insert them as a new picture, save them as jpg-files

2) irfan view   - open the files with irfan view and click on "save as...", then a new little window opens on the right and you can choose the type of file. Choose jpg, 65 kb is recommended by irfan v. and that is okay.

After that you put these images on your powerpoint sheets and choose "image behind the text" - and now you can insert your text.

That �s it. Hope it works with your Mac.

7 Jan 2012     

becsfenton
United Kingdom

Thanks so much - will have a go at that tomorrow when my eyes arent so weary!
Much appreciated.
Thanks
Rebecca

7 Jan 2012