Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Is that sentence true?    

Is that sentence true?

ctzsln
Turkey

Is that sentence true?

I have seen a t-shirt for a little baby. I really liked its colors but there was a sentence on it that I am not sure if it is true:/

I want to my farm.

I think it is wrong but I wonder if there is a usage I don �t know. Can you help me please?

16 Jan 2012      

douglas
United States

It �s wrong.

16 Jan 2012     

ctzsln
Turkey

Thanks. 

16 Jan 2012     

piranhac
Tunisia

To want is a transitive verb.
I want some bread.
In this sentence there is no object for the verb which makes it grammatically incorrect but  if you want  to find out whether  or not it is semantically correct, you need to ask a native speaker.
Have a good night.

16 Jan 2012     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi

May be it is not wrong, may be you missed some visual info, something like this:

I want to   XXXXXXXX    to my farm, and there could be some graphic in substitution of some word or idea. ( I want to go to my farm  / I want to work on my farm ... just a possibility.

Otherwise, I would say it �s wrong.

Linda

16 Jan 2012     

ctzsln
Turkey

Thanks Linda, there is no picture, no graphic in substitution of a verb, just a picture of a deer :)

16 Jan 2012     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi again

Could it be some trick between deer and dear ... ?

Or....
Could it REALLY be a big mistake.

It happens a lot here, where I live, there are many ( ???  - some , a few, just one or two ) textile factories, working by copying everything around.... sometimes they copy and SELL big, huge mistakes.
A few months ago I sent a notice to one of my students �s mother to come and see me, because of what was written on her t-shirt.

Obviously, the mother had no idea........

Dear, have a nice day

Nice to meet you
Linda

16 Jan 2012     

hatooom
Tunisia

just a mistake 
i went to my farm 
don �t bother urself too much

16 Jan 2012