Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > tenses    

tenses

bouziane
Morocco

tenses

can someone send me a note about the bst way to teach tenses.
  i need a very effective way

17 Jan 2012      

mirela.sorina
Romania

examples of various uses involving personal matters

17 Jan 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

There are virtually tonnes of materials on tenses here on ESL Printables just use the search option to browse through the ws and chose what you need.
Here are some tips (Not sure if that �s what you mean):

BTW specify your ss � age and level.
Sophia

17 Jan 2012     

lockman
Morocco

the best way to teach tenses is through awareness raising familiar  teaching  contexts and tasks.I  believe that you can design your own bearing in mind the target grammar component ;the level of your students and their interests .To see what I mean refer to one of my worksheets on "used to".I hope i have been of some help!I  

17 Jan 2012     

MapleLeaf
Canada

There �s a very good book by Rosemary Aitken, "Teaching Tenses". If you get hold of that book, you �ll find lot �s of interesting ideas there. Her way of teaching connects with everyday social situations. So it �s double useful, I think.

17 Jan 2012     

memthefirst
Turkey

I can tell you what I do/don �t
1.I don �t teach/introduce more than one tense at a time.Otherwise children get very confused.
2.I don �t give too many details on structure.I don �t show them complicated formulas.They learn well when I introduce sample sentences.
3.I give importance to functions.(where and when to use that tense or any grammatical pattern).We create real life situations and the students form sentences themselves.
4.When my students have difficulty on structure I give them some grammar worksheets.It is just for accuracy not for fully understanding and learning.Because when I only make them study grammar,they don �t really learn and use those patterns.They just learn temporarily.
5.Finally we study reading,listening,speaking and writing parts in our books.(This is my favourite and in my opinion most beneficial)

17 Jan 2012