Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > > I feel depressed!    

I feel depressed!

DUSIA
Poland

I feel depressed!

Hi there,

I am surprised and depressed. Two of my worksheets were removed... because "The document contains watermarked clipart" But the problem is that I have used MY OWN DRAWINGS which I have scanned to the computer and used in my exercises... Now my only idea is to log out of this website and never appear here again... I am reacting emotionally because I was afraid of this kind of situations and I started to use my own drawings and now it appears to be the source of problem... Is there any way I can defend myself - if it appears that using MY OWN DRAWINGS is not a crime will anyone appolgoize to me for suspecting me of being a thief??? Believe me it is an awful feeling and I do not want to feel like this again...
Katarzyna Kimel ( all my drawings which appear on my latests worksheets  are signed by my surname...)

17 Jan 2012      

maryse pey�
France

Hi dear,
If they are actually your own drawings and that you can prove it just do it. Have you signed them ? Have you uploaded them on other sites ? If they are yours never hesitate to specify this detail in your description.
Watermarked pictures are erased as some sites, like iclipart not to mention it, created some problems to Victor, the father of our favorite site. So to prevent any other problem with other sites which would not accept the use of their drawings except for strictly own usage in only 1 or 2 classes and a limited number of students we prefer the removal.

I have been using my own drawings in several of my ws and sign them with my name. It is true that I used my own name as an avatar. And now some members immediately recognize my style.

This site is tremendous. Of course there are other valuable sites. Each site has got rules to read carefully and of course each member has to respect these rules.

I am sure that if you can send on this post several of your drawings just to show that they are yours your ws will be restored. If Victor is secured about your actual source of drawings.

Try to pm him with several of your drawings, telling him if you upload them elsewhere. But if you use your drawings on this site do not watermark them or they will be removed for safety and security reasons.

Reflect twice before leaving. This site is worth while even if there are some "imperfection" or strict rules.

Never forget that some members are actual cheaters and Victor - and the moderators - want to preserve a real and true quality of friendly exchange.Being a moderator is not easy and our work to detect cheaters is not always evident. Specially if we are not given the good clues !

Hope these words will help you.

Maryse.

17 Jan 2012     

David Lisgo
Japan

I am very sorry to hear that.

One problem is that you sign your name "K Kimel" but choose to use the name "DUSIA" for this website. Almost all my own worksheets carry my own name "David Lisgo", so there is no confusion. It is a difficult task for moderators when you don �t state your own name and don �t say that you drew the pictures yourself.  I can understand that you feel people are accusing you of being a thief but the reality seems to be that moderators are trying to protect the copyright of your pictures, which is something to be thankful for.

Please don �t give up on this site nor on the people here. I hope that your feelings settle down soon.

Best regards,
David

18 Jan 2012     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Hi,

I remember the wss. The problem is as David writes - your nickname in this site is different than the name in the pics. How are we supposed to know you are the creator if you don �t acknowledged it? Maybe we should have a crystal ball....
No, seriously. If you write it in the description, there won �t be a reason for reporting your wss.
Don �t give up, the drawings are great and it would be shame if we couldn �t download such great wss. Upload the wss again with a proper description and everything will be fine.Wink

Have a nice day, Michaela

18 Jan 2012     

DUSIA
Poland

Thanks for your answers, but it did not make me feel better. For the first time in my life sb. suspected me of stealing sth. and I feel A W F U L! I think that there is something wrong with the way the system works. The only answer is to ask the author first (in case of any problems) before getting rid of thier work. Simple, isnt it?

And how many of you use their real names entering any new website? Now it is my fault that I have used a nick name?

I used to contrbite to ESL PRINTABES some time ago and then I stopped because I was afraid of the witch hunt that takes place here from time to time. I do know that there are people who break the rules, but sometimes innocent ones suffer  . The only thing I am aking for is ASK FOR EXPLANATION before you decide that sb. is a thief...
Kasia Kimel (dusia 2002)

18 Jan 2012     

DUSIA
Poland

I might be overreacting, but this feeling of being hopeless is... well... not pleasant...
But still thanks for your help and support.

K.Kimel

18 Jan 2012     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

I �m going to check your sheets now and I feel excited!!! Is this a ploy to get us all downloading your stuff??? I �m only joking - but I am going to check your stuff out.
Cheers
Lynne Blackburn x

18 Jan 2012     

DUSIA
Poland

WOW! Lynne! What a splendid idea! New and revolutionary way of advertising! Wink But sorry, this time it is just me being Cry over myself.

And I will do exactly this same... Go and take a look at your work! LOL

Kasia Kimel

18 Jan 2012