Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Ideas needed    

Ideas needed

Yolandaprieto
Spain

Ideas needed

Hello everybody,
I am going to Britain in March with a group of 40 12 year old students to a boarding school in Witley and I want my students to take as much advantage of the trip as possible. They are going to have 4 lessons a day during one week but I would like them to continue learning when they leave the classes. Of course we, the teachers will speak to them in English but  I also want to prepare activities for them while we stay there. Last year I made a list of words in Spanish and they had to go to shops or speak with the locals to get the words in English and then we played memory games with those words. This year I would like to innovate a little. Can you help me with new ideas?
Thanks in advance
Yolanda 

22 Jan 2012      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Could this help  http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=28222?

I remember a member here posted a link to a youtube video made by her ss while in London in which they filmed themselves standing next to the landmarks they visited and telling some facts about those landmarks (they probably got the info from a guide book beforehand). Unfortunately I don �t have the link to the video any more.

Another thing is before you go you could make a list of questions about things they would like to learn first-hand from the British people and then have teams interview people and next day compare the answers in class. What do you say?

It �s so great your ss can have such a fantastic experience!

Sophia 

22 Jan 2012     

aloga
Spain

Hi!
You �re really brave, 40 students!
I always tell them to keep a diary.
Ana

23 Jan 2012     

orti
Spain

Hi,
I usually prepared a scratchbook for them to fill in or to write in it. It �s too heavy to upload but if you like I can send you some pages to have a look.
Pilar

23 Jan 2012     

orti
Spain

Hi again,
Sorry, I meant a scrapbook.

23 Jan 2012