Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Which sentence is correct?    

Which sentence is correct?

tech_teacher
Bahamas

Which sentence is correct?

Please examine these sentences:

Which is correct?

We are aware of your expertise in this area and confident that your session would be an invaluable one for teachers.

or

We are aware of your expertise in this area and we are confident that your session would be an invaluable one for teachers.

Thanks

27 Jan 2012      

cindyfreksen
Denmark

I would say

We are aware of your expertise in this area and are confident that your session would be invaluable for teachers.

You may consider altering the word session - it depends on what you are trying to say, I assume that you are talking about a lesson plan?

You can however use both of your sentences - they are not incorrect, you could insert a comma before and in the 2nd sentence as it comprises of two main clauses. I have left out the subject in the 2nd sentence but added the verb as I think that it makes the meaning clearer.

Hope that helps :-)

Cindy

27 Jan 2012     

hilalcm
Turkey

I think you can use both of them but the second one is more common.

27 Jan 2012     

yanogator
United States

I agree with Cindy. Also, both of your options are grammatically correct, but don �t sound natural. It sounds natural to repeat "are" but not to repeat "we" (as Cindy has it).

Bruce

27 Jan 2012