Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > what did I do wrong?    

what did I do wrong?

joy2bill
Australia

Who was marking the test?
Without wanting to offend anyone sometimes we, as teachers do not always know our stuff or we have been using an error so long it is fossilised. I have often seen people offering incorrect suggestions for corrections. (There is one among these posts)
We must all keep honing our skills and I say this as a very old native speaker. We use New Inside Out as our programme at school and, all too often, the answers are incorrect and one would assume that a publication such as this would have had extensive proofreading. It �s always fun at test-time because my Advanced students and I have a lot of "arguments". "But..teacher......."

I endorse Bruce �s suggestion: It is not like Noel to be in a bad mood.

28 Jan 2012     

DTCF
Turkey

WE, AS TEACHERS OF ENGLISH, FIND IT HARD TO COME UP WITH THE CORRECT ANSWER.
SEE , YOU �VE GOT MORE THAN THREE DIFFERENT ANSWERS (suggestions).
It all boils down to the fact that we should not ask such hard and  somewhat confusing questions! If I were in your shoes I would accept any answers even the wrong ones.
 Thanks in advance!  WISHING YOU A FRUITFUL SCHOLASTIC YEAR!

28 Jan 2012     

almaz
United Kingdom

"I would accept any answers even the wrong ones".  Did I really just read that?

What was so difficult about accepting Bruce �s answer in the first place? 

I despair sometimes.

28 Jan 2012     

aliciapc
Uruguay

Mauro, you cannot change the "word given" - like - in any way when you �re doing FCE exercises ...
And Bruce �s answer was right ... as usual :- )

28 Jan 2012     

< Previous   1    2