Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Literacy Issues    

Literacy Issues

novabird1
Canada

Literacy Issues

Hello Everone Star I am a literacy tutor. I find this ESL printables very helpful for supplemental material, so I was wondering whether or not one or more of you might have some advice for me. One of my students has difficulty distinguishing sounds of some of the vowels especially "e," and "i." I believe he has a problem with, "tone," deafness in this audio range. I �ve run the full range and extent in looking for solutions. From simple minimal pairs comparison, to creative solutions like working with alliteration and even checked out Caroline Bowen �s Site; Speech Language Therapy. He has no easily distinguishable speech or hearing problems. I just think it is like I said before that he has a particular, "tone deafness." One thing I haven �t tried is using musical instruments. Any ideas, anyone?
Thanks, I hope to hear back from someone, as I am very stymied by this challenge.
Novabird1

28 Jan 2012