Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > What are you reading - and more!    

What are you reading - and more!

douglas
United States

"Otherness" by David Brin

1 Feb 2012     

ELOJOLIE274
France

Great thread as usual :)))

Right now I �m reading Games of Thrones (the first novel in the fantasy series A Song of Ice and Fire by George R. R. Martin) - i �ve just read the first few chapters so I can �t tell you if it �s any good but the story is interesting so far although quite hard to read: with all the "invented" words, the strange names, and the story in itself is quite complex!!!

i �ve finished the 4th book (and last one) of the Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini. I read Eragon a few years back because my boyfriend had told me it was a nice story. And since I had read the 1st book I read the 2nd one (Eldest) and I got hooked... so I bought the 3rd one (Brisingr) as soon as it was published and ordered Inheritance on Amazon before it was even published! I don �t really like the battle scenes but otherwise the story is great :)))

Otherwise one of the book I highly recommend is Full Dark, No Stars by Stephen King. The 4 novellas are amazing!!!

have a great time reading :)))

1 Feb 2012     

libertybelle
United States

When you open this thread up to read the replies -
It looks like this thread just stops -
but at the bottom if you scroll to the right you�ll find page 2 and the post your reply box appears.

Guess we "broke the thread"  Wink

Thanks so much for your replies!
I bought a Kindle - which is  totally  instant gratification - 10 seconds and you �ve got
a new book!
Nice that you can make the text larger, especially at night when your eyes are tired!!

Keep those replies coming - I �ve made a list of all your suggestions and can �t wait to get started!

Hugs
Libertybelle 

1 Feb 2012     

ELOJOLIE274
France

Libertybelle
do you prefer reading books or using your Kindle??? i �ve thought of buying one but I love buying new books (I love the way new books smell and the touch of the paper when you turn the pages...) so i �m not sure it would actually be a good investment because i �m quite sure I would keep on buying new books...

1 Feb 2012     

epit
Turkey

Hi !I have three books that I �m trying to read them all at the same time.I  like the novels that take place in different geographic places .Tod und Teuful (Death and Devil)by Frank Schatzing,Anatomy of İllusions by Ludlima Filipova from Bulgaria,and Atoi ke ftehres by Maro Duka from Greece are the last books that I began to read .I also bought Russian Winter by Daphne Kalotay. Hope everybodywho loves readingfinds books according her/his own tastes !

1 Feb 2012     

MarionG
Netherlands

I �m currently reading "a suitable boy" by Vikram Seth and I �m loving it. It is a little long (understatement) so it will keep me busy for a while since I �m in the middle of writing evaluations at school, which are keeping me away from the book.

@ana isabel, I loved �history of the wind � so I will definitely look for �prisoner of heaven �!

great post!!!

1 Feb 2012     

martinasvabova
Czech Republic

I have recently finished reading the Help by Kathryn Stocket and I liked it a lot.

1 Feb 2012     

manonski (f)
Canada

Elojolie, I also own an ereader. (actually, I have 3).  I �m an avid reader and still love the smell of a book and the feeling of turning pages. But I also love how easy it is to access a book with ereading. I live in a town where books in English are hard to find.  So, I do both.

Right now, I �m reading  Ten Thousand Saints by Eleanor Henderson. Not sure about it. I �ve yet to connect with the characters and storyline.

Thank you all for sharing your suggestions.

Happy February!

Manon

1 Feb 2012     

aleia
Portugal

I �ve enjoyed reading THE GOLDEN NOTEBOOK by Doris Lessing

1 Feb 2012     

ELOJOLIE274
France

Manon,
here I have troubles finding good books in English too - so I buy all of them on Amazon :) but maybe i �ll buy an ereader one day - when I can afford one :(((

1 Feb 2012     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >