Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Question    

Question

Yurany21
Colombia

Question

heyyyy I �ve been a teacher for 5 years and I always find trouble when my students try to learn verbs, �cause there are too many, �cause they have to learn the three forms of only one verb and do not forget phrasal verbs. I mean I would like to know if u can help me or teach me new strategies to make my students learn faster and better. Dynamic activities or I don �t know.... Thanks a lot for the help u can give me ;) 

2 Feb 2012      

saszka2
Poland

If your students have access to the internet you could try "spelling city".
This is something they could do at home, not necessarily in the class.

You have to go to www.spellingcity.com

First thing you have to do is register. You will probably have to register as a parent, not as a teacher (you will have to mark one of the options). If you want to register as a teacher your school has to be registered too.

When you are registered and logged on you have to click "list management" in the right top corner and then click "create a list". you can create your list of words. When your list is ready you click it and you can play different games with the words you entered. Give a link to your students and they can play at home and learn in a pleasant way.

2 Feb 2012     

superteach121
El Salvador

1 . are you  following a program 
         2. do you  havew clear your  objectives .
         3 why your sts have to learn  the same verb in two forms at the same time

why dont you go one by one until they know it  perfectly 

and what level sts do you teach  ?

2 Feb 2012     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi

Try this link, it �s not mine, not my work, but I have it in my blog, and... I can �t find the original website now.

https://sites.google.com/site/carlosteixeiraiboard/home/past-simple---irregular-verbs

It �s a French teacher, if you are interested , pm me I �ll have a try, tomorrow and get his own link.

This exercise is only about past tenses, irregular, but students usually find it funny to do.
Wish I could help you more

Linda

3 Feb 2012     

Yurany21
Colombia

thanks for ur help!!!!!
Dear superteach at the moment I just begin a new class with teenagers, beginners mmmm I �ve given them only one class, my question is for the future �cause according with my experience this is the most common  problem I usually have . For example, when I �m teaching Present Simple, they easily learn the grammar rule but their trouble begin when they try to remember verbs. They said How do say saltar (jump) in English? they forgot �cause the verb list is too long to remember for them, thats way I was asking dynamic activities to make them learn faster and easier. I dont know if I make myself understand but thanks anyway spelling city is awesome and the other one I �m gonna use it as well ;)

3 Feb 2012