Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > smart board    

smart board

metcet20
Turkey

smart board

Hi everybody. Do you have smart boards in your classes? How many of the classrooms do you think have smart boards in your country? Are they useful?
Thank you in advance

8 Feb 2012      

manonski (f)
Canada

All the classrooms have one in my school. The government announced it would grant money to schools to buy them about a year ago. 
I know that most schools in my area don �t have a smartboard in all classrooms. Each schools decide what they do for their ICTs budget so I �m not sure when everyone will have one but it is coming.

Mine is quite useful. I use it everyday!

8 Feb 2012     

Greek Professor
Greece

Hi...we have smart boards...They are usefu when you have the software ready...I use them everyday. But when you don �t have softare you will have to make it on your own...and of course it is time consuming...but its useful and interesting

8 Feb 2012     

valodra
France

Hello,
I teach in a "Lyc�e" ie High school ( students aged from 15 to 18 ), & no smartboards ...so far! We all wish we could have - at least one! - but ...no way. I really do not intend to speak about politics, but the French government doesn �t seem very keen on giving materials & money to schools these days...."They" pretend we �re a "big" & important country - I �m telling you all we are not.
When a country does not give its people a free right to Education & Health, it cannot be soooo important, can it ?
I always read your interesting posts about what can be done & used in class, - when I �m being told I �m going to have 45 students in my classes next year..........We are about 50 teachers at my school, & ............ can use 4 PCs!!!!!!!!! ( out of the classrooms, which have a PC each). When we all met last September, we were told that we - no longer ....- were allowed to be sick!......
BTW, my apologies to the  Turkish people for the French government �s stupid laws!! I �ve been to Turkey several times, & I - as many here! - do not agree with the twits who are in charge. France has to look backwards, eg : Algeria ( ...) , before giving lessons to others!
Hugs from France - ie : the French people!
Val�rie

8 Feb 2012     

janaesl
Saudi Arabia

hi , yes we do. we have smartboards in all our classes and it �s fun to teach through it.

8 Feb 2012     

metcet20
Turkey

We are told that the government is going to install smart boards. Our school is one of the pilot schools. We are happy;Teachers can �t help thinking that we are wasting and it �s not worth paying so much.

8 Feb 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

The smart board is used with an overhead projector, right? We have one classroom with a smart board and you have to book it ahead of time if you want to use it (no Internet connection though). I �ve been told that you can �t have the projector running two classes in a row as its lamp (which costs almost as much as a projector, i. e. a lot) gets overheated and can burn out. Hence, my question to those of you who use smart boards on a daily basis, how do you deal with this? 
BTW even if you don �t have interactive CD-Roms, you can use powerpoint games with smart boards and PPTs and there are lots of them here, ready-made FYI:)
Sophia

8 Feb 2012