Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > need help to insert pictures    

need help to insert pictures

doubledecker
Finland

need help to insert pictures

hi there!

i �m sure the question must have been asked zillion of times but a massive flu attack prevents me from having clear thoughts so ashamed but too lazy, I post here to get help!

yesterday i made a PPT about black history and browsed the web to find blanck & white pictures of famous people to illsutrate it I did my best to find pictures that were not under any restriction of use. When I uploaded my PPT, the pictures did not show but I �m pretty sure they all were .jpeg.

the same happened a few days ago : I used a template to make a be/have bookmark, I converted to whole thing into a .jpeg document, uploaded it but alas, a blank page appeared. Of course my contribution was reported as being corrupted which is fair but I don �t know what to do to solve the problem. Does anyone here has some clues???

Thank you so much for your helpHandshake

peggy aka running nose Sick

8 Feb 2012      

Jayho
Australia

Hi DD

Indeed the images can not be seen.  There is a message that talks about a linked image.  Did you copy and paste from the web?  If so, then sometimes this happens.

You could try saving the image to your PC and then inserting it into your PPT.

Good luck!

Cheers

Jayho

8 Feb 2012     

doubledecker
Finland

Hi Jayho!

thanks for such a fast answer!
I didn �t copy and paste the pictures : downloaded them from the web, saved them on my pc and then inserted them (not just copy & paste them) in my ppt but still, nothing appears...

i think luck has deserted me so farBig smile

thnaks anyway ;)
peggy

8 Feb 2012     

Mallerenga
Spain

Hi doubledecker,
could it be that you only downloaded the link? I mean that sometimes you only save the link to that image but not the image in itself. You can see the image when you insert it, but it is not there in fact. (difficult to explain).

Another reason (it happens to me sometimes) is that when you use office 2010 and you save in .doc or .ptt, then the images don �t appear when you save them.

Cheers,
mallerenga

8 Feb 2012     

moravc
Czech Republic

open an old .ppt
erase all components
go to menu - insert - picture - find the pic - and click ok to insert it

It should work

(sometimes it is a problem of autoshapes, painting canvas, or a textbox covering the picture but the picture might be there, just hidden behind some objects)

8 Feb 2012     

doubledecker
Finland

thanks for your tips, i �ll try again and edit my ppt ;)

cheers
peggy

9 Feb 2012