Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Blind students in Reference StateSchools-how they learn Braille and view the learning process    

Blind students in Reference StateSchools-how they learn Braille and view the learning process

portugueseteacher
Portugal

Blind students in Reference StateSchools-how they learn Braille and view the learning process

Hello, everyone!

I �m currently attending a post graduate course related to Blind and Low vision/Visually Impaired Sudents.

I �m doing a work about some state reference schools in Portugal on which blind and visually impaired students attend regular classes.With this purpose I �m going to interview blind students who are learning Braille besides their Regular Teacher and Special Education Teacher. The Director will answer some questions too.I would like to know if someone coukld share their experience in this specific issue-teaching Braille to students, how they learn, etc, their own perception and their schoolfellows attitude....Any help is welcomed!!!

I would very thankful if you could help!:-)

Thanks in advance to this fantastic community!

9 Feb 2012      

m2m2
Yemen

hi, portuguese teacher .. 
in the place where i worked, a teacher had a blind student in a regular class. it needs hard work . i remember that she used to relay on audio materials more .. she used to record herself to help that student ,,, after that experience i found learning braille signs is something necessary ,, so i learnt it. but i didn �t have the chance yet to teach a blind student ... i really wish you best luck ,, 

9 Feb 2012     

portugueseteacher
Portugal

Thanks, m2m2.It �s really a challenging experience.I �ve already learned the alphabet Braille but there are so many things to do in order to guarantee a good method in the teaching/learning process to blind students.
Where did you work?In a regular school?Tell me more about the experience....:-)

10 Feb 2012