Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Members with web-sites or blogs    

Members with web-sites or blogs

Denisa
Romania

Members with web-sites or blogs

Hello, dear friends,
long time no see, huh? I miss you so very much, but unfortunately, as you already know...my greatest shortcoming is the time, I never seem to have enough of it for everything I want to accomplish Cry...
So, tonight I want to ask you something for my next project: what is your opinion regarding web-sites and blogs(those who have already been working with such tools) - which of these ones are better to work with your students? I think it �s a faster and economical way of having them to work when you want  to give them a certain topic to discuss upon or set them different tasks ..but which of them, the web-site or the blog, is the best or the most effective? and then what is the best way of creating them? or the safest way? 
Do you have some pieces of advice for a "beginner" in that area?

Waiting for your answers.
Kisses and hugs,

15 Feb 2012      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Hello, Denisa,
A while ago a member here said that wikis are better to use for ss as they can have several pages while blogs have everything published in chronological order and posts come as one long thread, which has its use as a diary or log, but not as a project platform with different sections.
BTW Wikis are free, just google free wiki spaces for education.

If you browse the older forum posts, you will probably get some ideas.

Sophia 

15 Feb 2012     

Denisa
Romania

Hi Sophia,
actually I do have a wiki account but I thought that members with blogs will have some counterarguments to convince me that it �ll be a better choice...
thanks for taking time to answer me, you are always there eager to help, dear friend!
hugs.

15 Feb 2012     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi Denisa

Long time no see, hope you are doing well.

I have a blog, but it certainly has the problems Sophia has just pointed out. Anyway, if you label every post with a high criteria, things will show up in a fair way.

I have been trying googlepages - they are very nice and you can have as many as you want - then you just have to link them, in the side bar. I think they are ok. Wikis, my opinion, are not that free - they are not free for quite a few items, at least, that �s what I found out, when trying to use them. For some stuff you need to upgrade, translated, you need to pay.

Let me know what you decide and share your page with us.

Best luck

Linda

15 Feb 2012     

serene
Greece

Hi Denisa,

I started my blog last July and I �m still learning. I chose Blogger because it looked easier and not very complicated. If you decide to try it and you have any questions about using it, just let me know and I �ll do my best to help you.

All the blogging platforms, Blogger, Edublogs, WordPress, as well as Wikispaces, offer guides and tutorials to get you started.

Here �s a powerpoint on Slideshare which might answer some of your questions.

Of course, there are other members here with greater experience and knowledge, who can give you some good advice.

Good luck, dear friend, and have a good night!

15 Feb 2012