Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Ideas for a competition    

Ideas for a competition

ivush
Czech Republic

Ideas for a competition

Hello dears, can you give me any ideas as topics for a school competition? We had animals, our town, sport...something more creative? ...you know :) Share your ecperience, please. Thank you.

15 Feb 2012      

Yolandaprieto
Spain

Things related to English speaking countries?
Yolanda

15 Feb 2012     

maryse pey�
France

Once we chose a theme : travel through time from prehistory to modern time. A period a country.
Then we speak about the main elements of different important periods : birth of Earth, extinction of the dinosaurs, the 1st human beings...
The most important characteristics of some countries : Mexico, North Pole, Japan, France...

Then sketches of some funny or realistic, or artistic scenes (penguins sliding on their stomach, white bear selling ice-creams, a Mexican painting...)

The work was done by several teams with the same interest.

Final choice of the pictures that will be painted on the walls of the school, inside and outside. All the students signed with the print of their hand...

It is one of my best memories and a great, very great success for our students !

15 Feb 2012     

libertybelle
United States

One of my favorites is -
If I could go back in time - what would I want to see or experience?
Another is - If I could go back in time - what would I change?  (butterfly effect?)

15 Feb 2012     

juliag
Japan

A Day in the Life of an Alien
Living on Mars
What will Life be like in 2050
My Hero
Who would I most Like to Meet and Why
My Pets
What does Santa Claus do the Rest of the Year?

I really like Maryse �s idea about getting them to describe a scene and then all drawing it up into a picture later.

You could also try giving them the first 10 or so sentences in a story and getting them to complete it.

Hope some of these help.
Julia

16 Feb 2012     

douglas
United States

"What is the most ridiculous song ever written?"

16 Feb 2012     

carme sammut
Malta

Once we had such a competition and it was called the school of my dreams and the person in charge published a book with the best chosen essays.

16 Feb 2012     

helena2009
Hungary

My favourite book. (Students have read in their life.)

or

My book. (Students write and draw a book or a foldout book.  For example a tale about monsters)

or

Make a movie.

Good luck

Helena

16 Feb 2012