Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > English cartoons needed    

English cartoons needed

Pretty3
Saudi Arabia

English cartoons needed

Hi,

I want english cartoons animation to show them to my students in their free classes.

Have you ever shown any cartoon to your students in their free classes ??

Free classes in my country means: if any of their teacher  is absent, the class will be free ( no lesson is given). They will not take any lesson. So, the principal asks any one of the teacher to get their class.

So, I want some nice cartoons to show to them.
 The students are between 15-17

I hope you can provide me with some nice and interesting ones.

16 Feb 2012      

sousou aicha
Tunisia

Hello,
You can make them watch a cartoon film: Finding Nemo. It �s a one hour film. Nice and motivating.

16 Feb 2012     

douglas
United States

Grammar Rock and School House Rock are some cute short cartoons that also teach at the same time.  Here is some examples:

There are many more. Most American kids grew up seeing these videos on Saturday mornings.

Douglas

17 Feb 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Why cartoons? Why not movies or videos on some topic?
Sophia

17 Feb 2012     

douglas
United States

Just to prevent misunderstanding, the term "cartoon" includes animated videos as well:

According to Webster �s:

car�toon Listen to audio/kɑɚˈtu:n/ noun
plural car�toons
[count] 1 a : a drawing in a newspaper or magazine intended as a humorous comment on something
a political cartoon
b : a series of drawings that tell a story : comic strip
She enjoys reading the cartoons in the Sunday paper.
2 : a film or television show made by photographing a series of drawings : an animated film or television show
The kids are watching cartoons. a cartoon character
3 technical : a design, drawing, or painting made by an artist as a model for the finished work
� car�toon�ist Listen to audio /kɑɚˈtu:nɪst/ noun, plural car�toon�ists [count]

17 Feb 2012     

Pretty3
Saudi Arabia

Thanks a lot for your help.

I want something without music please..

17 Feb 2012     

isabelle99
Monaco

i don t know if it helps but i like showing pictures using the overheAd projector. i hAve got different series and it reAlly cAtches my pupils attention: the most famous photos in the XXth century, mythological monsters, optical illusions, world guiness records.... 

17 Feb 2012