Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Why do not any body help me!!!!!    

Why do not any body help me!!!!!

Ali Abbasi
Iran

Dear Friend, considering the fact that you are becoming a teacher, you have to be careful with a lot of things, such as your students � levels and other things. We are here to help not only you, but also anyone. :)

19 Feb 2012     

PhilipR
Thailand

Your question �How to teach the four skills � is much too broad. What exactly do you want help with?

Possible answer: www.google.com

19 Feb 2012     

joy2bill
Australia

I am very upset that you should think no one answered because of your nationality. On this site we do not care about where someone comes from. We are joined by a common bond..an interest in teaching English.
This experience you have just had is a great lesson that you can extend to your classes. if your question is too broad, students will not answer because they simply don �t know what to answer. Always make sure that your questions are very specific. eg If you are doing a lesson on word formation you would ask students to find words ending in �ish � then �er � then �ful �. You would not say find all the endings as it is too broad a question.

Please keep asking questions but keep them simple.
KISS is an acronym that means "Keep It Simple and Succeed"
I �m sure you will enjoy your experience here (insha �allah) Joy

19 Feb 2012     

epit
Turkey

Hi friend,you are right ,when one don �t take answer his or her questions back she or he will be disappointed. We can learn by googling ,but we ask to learn the real experinces of teathers.Hugs to everyone

19 Feb 2012     

anitarobi
Croatia

It greatly depends on the age group, knowledge level and interests of your students. Basically, whatever topic you teach, you have to take it through all the skills - e.g. let �s say your students are teenagers interested in music... You can choose to work on a song with appropriate lyrics, perhaps about a topic they �re interested in (eg. bullying, love, etc. or perhaps choose a song from a soundtrack of a movie they would like and could learn sth educational and moral from).  You can have them practise their listening skills by doing a classical musical dictation worksheet (fill-in task, matching beginnings or ends of sentences, unjumbling the order of the lyrics etc.). Afterwards you can have them read the biography of the singer and answer certain comprehension questions, or even read a brief article about the problem the song deals with (eg bullying) and answer questions, doing vocabulary tasks as well to work on their use of English (synonyms, antonyms, word formation, etc.). This way you practise reading skills and use(even writing if you have them write full answers to questions or even make questions by themselves). You can also organise a debate about the problem working on their speaking skills, or simply prepare a vocabulary game in which they have to use the song/article vocabulary in their own sentences orally. In the end, you can have them write about something in the song that touched their hearts, that moved them, that inspired them... But, as I said, it so depends on their age and knowledge level, although the approach is the same - small kids are able to unjumble lyrics as well, write basic vocabulary tasks, play word games to practise speaking etc. I hope some of this helps.

19 Feb 2012     

akvillina
Iran

thank you every body.thanks for sharing your ideas and giving your time to type me your answers finding papers,.....
my students are begginers
I Know what ow some my question seems but i didnt choose it our professor asked us to write about it and the topic caused me to be confused it is too general to talk about .But  i need to write some thing to pass the exam.
Thanks again

19 Feb 2012     

akvillina
Iran

I decidet to write about each skill seperately and to write different activities for each of them.
if you had any idea related to each of the skilss for teaching for begginers please tell me

19 Feb 2012     

noeneo
Indonesia

ehmmm...may I know the grades of the students???

it �s important to decide which material should be given first...

hey... don �t worry you �ll never walk alone

20 Feb 2012     

< Previous   1    2