Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > I am disappointed.... I need your help    

I am disappointed.... I need your help

Pretty3
Saudi Arabia

I am disappointed.... I need your help

Hi,

I am disappointed.... I need your help.

I need your suggestion and help please.

Briefly, my problem is that I can teach in a very nice and simple way. I can explain the lessons easily and my sts understand. No one find mistakes except many simple things in my teaching. I accept my teaching way and my supervisor too. However, I find it is very difficult to speak fluently with my sts about anything except something that I teach.

For example , I usually fail or can �t complete the conversation in English when we talk about daily life especially if I have sts brought up abroad.

What do you think ??

How can I solve my problem ??????????

Thanks a lot in advance,
Pretty

20 Feb 2012      

Mariethe House
France

The only thing I found was necessary , when I was learning English was to expose myself to English as often as I could. I used to read a lot, and listen and watch TV programmes , songs, tne news... anything susceptible to improve my comprehension and my fluency.
I still do it even if I am not teaching anymoreSmile I have just done a qigong exercise and I chose a video with instructions in English rather than French .I suggest English becomes part of ypur everyday  life in all domains so that you make real progress! Good luck and don �t loose heart. Becoming fluent needs practising!Smile

20 Feb 2012     

yanogator
United States

As Mariethe said, the answer is to practice.

Bruce

20 Feb 2012     

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

Dear Pretty3,

I have sent you a Private Message.

Les 

20 Feb 2012     

sweet hannah
Egypt

Dear Pretty3,

You may find my idea a bit crazy but it helped me. Of course you need to practice , but what if you have no body to practice with? or you are shy at the beginning? Try to come up with a conversation with an imaginative person - while at home. I sometimes speak to myself reflecting on daily issues of my life - loudly. I also like to watch TV American and British series. This helped me with pronunciation. At last, don �t feel bad ; anybody needs time when it comes to learning  - particularly - languages.    

Good Luck 

20 Feb 2012     

libertybelle
United States

There are tutors online who speak with people, for a fee.
Try to skype with a native speaker.

21 Feb 2012     

Adel A
Egypt

Try to join the British council in Riyadh.They have many attractive workshops.

21 Feb 2012     

douglas
United States

Going into chat rooms and chatting with people in English would be helpful--they force you to be more spontaneous with your speech (even if it is written)

21 Feb 2012     

Pretty3
Saudi Arabia

douglas
Thanks a lot for your suggestion  but can you give me sites of chat rooms.

libertybelle

Thanks a lot for your suggestion  . Can you help me and give examples of tutors online ???

Thanks a lot for all your help and replies.

21 Feb 2012