Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > I īm a fresh member    

I īm a fresh member

sweet_heavy_girl
Spain

I īm a fresh member

Dear friends,

First of all, I īd like to thank Victor Gayol and all contributors for this wonderful and useful website. I īve just finished my studies and I have never been in front of a class, I īm really a bit scared because I have to do it next friday. I have to teach a group of 16 year olds as a part of a īpracticum � programme, that is to say a master to become a teacher. My tutor is watching my class and I have to revise "present perfect" with them. I īm a bit lost, I would appreciate some help from all of you. How can I start? warm-ups? some communicative activities? I would like to impress my tutor and the students but I īm very nervous, I īve got some īstage fright �. I īm sure you have some in teresting ideas. As they have already learned how to use the verb, I think it would be interesting to do some communicative activities, not just grammar. I hope I can upload some worksheets soon!!! My warmest reagards to everybody!!!Hug

22 Feb 2012      

juliag
Japan

Hi and welcome to the site,

I īm sure you īre going to love it here, as so many of us do.

Why don īt you start by eliciting some adventurous ideas on the board - things like eaten frog, eaten dog, climbed a mountain, gone surfing, found some money etc. and then elicit how to ask "Have you ever...?" Use these ideas to practice the language and then go into a "Find someone who" game that you have prepared in advance with language you know the students will know.

You could use something like this excellent model:
http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=420421#thetop

when you make your "Find someone who," or you could change the language focus to "Have you ... recently?" and download this worksheet and use it as it is.

Students could then present the results of the "Find someone who." For example, they could say "Jess has eaten lobster many times" and so on.

Last you could encourage students to say what they have never done but want to do, for example: "I have never been to Italy, but I would like to go someday" etc.

Well, I īm sure some other teachers will come up with some brilliant ideas to help you but I hope this gives you a start.

Good luck!
Julia

22 Feb 2012     

isabelle99
Monaco

I like using pictures on a transparency with the overhead projector. for the present perfect I have photos taken on the net : New Orleans after the hurricane: I give pupils a chart with three columns (subjects, verbs, complements). they have to create sentences choosing a word in each column: the wind has blown up the houses, the hurricane has destroyed the city, etc... but I don īt write anything on the blackboard. then they have to write the sentences either on their copybook or on a paper that I collect  at the end of the lesson. It īs a very old lesson that I prepared years ago but it still works Unfortunately I dont have it on my computer and I can īt scan otherwise I would have sent it to you. 

22 Feb 2012     

puddyd
Oman

HI there and welcome to the most addictive site on the web. If you want a really awesome lesson plan send me your email on a private message and I īll email it to you. Best wishes for a very rewarding future. Regards Andrea

22 Feb 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Welcome to this community!
You can find some tips here:

If you have the benefit of a smartboard or a computer and Inet in the classroom, you could use this. And here you can download a ppt just by clicking on it.

I īve also created some speaking cards to check the ss � knowledge of past participles http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=480540#thetop they were meant to be a game to use with a dice. If you like them and need them badly, pm me your e-mail address.

You could also browse through some of the activities here to get inspired:) and create something of your own with our ABSOLUTELY FEE templates (no points needed:)

Sophia

22 Feb 2012     

IbuLulu
Australia

I like to play a changing places game to practise the present perfect.  If you have room, get students to make a circle of chairs, with 1 less chair than there are people. One person stands in the middle and asks a "have you ever...?" question (you will probably have done something like juliag īs ideas on the board first). Anyone who haas done that thing must leave their seat and find a new one, and the person in the middle is also looking for a seat. The person left in the middle must ask the next question.  My adult students love this game (and it can be adapted to other grammar items).

23 Feb 2012     

noeneo
Indonesia

hi there..

welcome to our community...

23 Feb 2012