Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > NO PAIN,NO GAIN....Is it true?????    

NO PAIN,NO GAIN....Is it true?????

spring
Turkey

NO PAIN,NO GAIN....Is it true?????

Hi Karen
You are not alone.I received the same unfriendly message from tormenta too.She even advised me to learn English!!!!!
In her commentpage she said "I will just apologise from Icha and implied that this is none of our business" Am I right???
In this case  I said her "Would we have to apologise from you because that you tried to cheat us" .How could she think like that.Then We should all do our business,and avoid getting involved in anything..
There is sense of friendship in this community even though some members can�t understand this.She cheated us and behaved like she was innocent and used harsh words in her comment towards the members who commentated on the ws.

SHe�s guilty herself, yet she acts innocent and doesn�t hesitate to impugn others.
Under her words I see the message of "I am right,apologise from me""" Now she says me "Learn Eng. I didn�t wait for an apology"
Can�t she see that this is a kind of sarcastism..
My words were sarcastical but I think She doesn�t have any idea about this.
I am feeling really upset nowadays Friends.Some members from my country is stealing constantly and I feel ashamed in the name  of them.I am warning them and getting so rude replies.
Just to hurt me,one even claimed I,myself is stealing.
Can you believe this?????
I am the one who fights for plagiarism!!!!!!
People are hurting innocent people just to hush up their crime.
I am just trying to teach them "Respect,effort,hard-work,ownership" with my comments.
Yet I am not tolerant any more and I have started to speak sarcastically
�cos enough is enough..
They are mocking us in my opinion.And I see that being polite to those "thieves" has no satisfying result.
They are constantly stealing.It is easy to hurt s.one from your nation.You can use your native lang. and express yourself more freely in your own tongue.This is what I am getting from my "plagiarism war".
I don�t understand why my some Turkish colleques are doing this to me????
Is it a crime to comment on stolen ws..
I am so sick and tired from these kind of behaviours.
I am even thinking of quitting preparing ws.
I think many members have an idea about me.I regard myself active user of this site.But accusitions are too much for me.After the long hours I spent in front of my p.c,after my efforts,hardwork I was accused of plagiarism and advised to learn Eng.
I cannot express my feelings.I am so sad:((((( 
I have always fought against plagiarism,never been obsessed with points.I am using my own points-not 30 free points- just not to help thieves but what I get....?????
I am sorry.I wrote to much but I just wanna share...
No pain,no gain....Is this true???????
CryCry

26 Sep 2008      

karen1980
Mexico

You cant...We cant quit!!!!! Spring....you are one of the most active, creative and friendly members I�ve known in this site!!! We all deserve respect and if "teachers" like tormenta make those comments I have an answer for them (specially tormenta) and is: hahahahhahahahahah really.... she makes me laugh :).... She�s saying that you have to learn Enlish....what????? She has to learn MANNERS, English, how to use a computer so she could make her own wss, and of course she has to learn...THE RULES of this site dont you think??? and spring.... please dont give up because I really enjoy your wss...you�re a great teacher (I know I�m not the only one with this opinion) Regards from Mexico :) !!!!

26 Sep 2008     

frenchfrog
France

Dear Spring,

Do not give up! Do not let this person "torment" you. I know that this is not an easy thing to do. When you are so dedicated to your work, it is really hard to swallow this type of harsh criticism. You tend to focus on that and forget all the rest. This is also the way I tend to react!! A few weeks ago, I really felt down in the dumps because of a few comments I had received from 3 or 4 members (some probably did not want to harm me, but still...). I focused on these comments only and almost forgot the TONS of nice / sweet comments I had also received!  So take my advice: focus on the members who really respect your work (and there are so many!!!), and more importantly who respect who you are. We all know what values are really important to you. Many of us share your values but, unfortunately, there will always be some other people who will not.
A scoop to cheer you up (but this is strictly between you and me!): I am going to learn tap dancing!!! Oh, God!!!ConfusedLOL

Frenchfrog

26 Sep 2008     

domnitza
Romania

Hi Spring,

In my opinion, we should congratulate tormenta on having reached her goal: the one to hurt as many people (good teachers) as possible. Don�t you think that she has a very effective name: tormenta?!

I know that you feel miserable this evening, but you will see that tomorrow is going to be a brand new day. Things are more serene after a good night sleep. And this bitter feeling of sickness and disgust will grow dim, because there are a lot of students who love you and your work, aren�t there? (That�s my secret, when somebody succeeds in disturbing me, attacking things I believe in or questioning my teaching methods. )
It is said that God keeps this world safe for a few good people. Smile, you are one of them.
Thumbs Up 

26 Sep 2008     

sirah
Argentina

Hi everybody!!
Spring ,please don�t feel bad,we all know you are a great teacher and and don�t give up! I love your work and this community needs your great contributions.
As I know that there are a lot of members that are against plagiarism(and you all ARE)
I want to know your opinion about this worksheet:
http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=104032#thetop
It is not a creation ,it is scanned.I left a message telling her that the rules of the community don�t allow scanned things,and told her to continue sharing.I thought (silly of me) that this person would delete the worksheet,but guess...!!! she didn�t!! and she has 32 points and she can download as a premium member.
What do you think?Smile Is that fair?
Patricia

26 Sep 2008     

oregon91
Argentina

Dear Spring: I am a rather new member in this wonderful community. I takes us teachers lots of time to make a worksheet and I think it is not fair at all that somebody steals and uploads a worksheet which they didn�t prepare. But of course we can�t expect everybody to think the same way. Don�t be upset, she is not worth it.
Your worksheets are wonderful and eslprintables needs you to keep on working and sharing your great work.
I checked your most downloaded worksheet and �tormenta� even wrote in her native language.
Imagine, if a person is not able to speak her mind for everybody to understand, it means that she doesn�t have the guts to do it. Don�t worry and think of all the other nice comments you have on your worksheets.
Forget about this and let�s keep on creating.

Warm regards from Argentina

Fernanda

26 Sep 2008     

sirah
Argentina

I CAN�T BELIEVE IT !!!! SINCE I POSTED THE PREVIOUS MESSAGE,THE WORKSHEET HAS TWO MORE DOWNLOADS!!!!

Patricia

26 Sep 2008     

mmargalef
Spain

Dear Pinar
Don�t be sad because a person such Tormenta says rude things. He/She should stop preparing worksheets him/herself and delete his/her account. He/she says that you should learn English (I don�t understand this comment) but in fact the one who should learn something is he/she him/herself: she/he should learn to be honest, to accept people�s comments and to be legal and humble.
I also discovered that he/she shares some worksheets with another member (maybe both of them are the same... I asked and no answer yet) Look at this:
Please don�t give up, don�t feel sad. This person will vanish from our lives in some days maybe in some weeks but your work will always be there, helping us, making our classes better and you will always be part of our virtual families, part of our hearts
A big hug, lots of kisses and all my support for the good-hearted, generous and creative members of this website.
I�m not going to learn tap dancing as Frenchfrog will Wink (I�m too clumsy and old for that jajaja)
M�riam
I�ve checked comments and there is a message from Tormenta saying that the other one stole his/her worksheets Ermm What do you think?
Victor can you check it please?

26 Sep 2008     

karen1980
Mexico

I didnt know about those wss...mmmmm.... Its weird...Im like you...I dont know what to think...I can�t understand why do they do that... :(

Regards!!!

26 Sep 2008     

Vickiii
New Zealand

Hi fellow plagirist haters and True fighters of honesty.

With Victors new system the person will not benefit from their points if and only if you report the item as stolen.  There are way to many printables uploaded every day for Victor to scan all of them for honesty.  So we need to make sure we report when we see dishonesty. 

I thought you might like this �tormenting� rhyme from my primary school days -
Lyer lyer, paints are on fire...

I always love picturing this image - it makes me grin everytimeLOL

26 Sep 2008     

demeter_mar
Uruguay

Spring I want to say you that you have all my support and please don�t give up. It is not fair that a good teacher like you stop sending your work for the opinion of somebody that doesn�t deserve our respect. So please don�t give up and continue with your exellent work  

26 Sep 2008     

1    2    Next >