Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Emailing WS    

Emailing WS

maayyaa
Slovenia

Emailing WS

Heya everybody!

Hope you all had nice celebrations and a great start to the new year! I have a question. If anyone on ESL printables asks you to email them your worksheets as they don�t have the points to download them and are not premium members yet, do you email them or not? I don�t mind sharing my work with others, but I have thought this site is so everyone contributes in order to get a chance to download work that others do.
What�s your opinion on freebies?

Thanks!

1 Jan 2009      

daysealvesbarbosa
Brazil

I don�t know how most of you feel about this, but I believe that it�s demotivating to have any printable emailed to other members who don�t have enough points to get them the "right way". I�ve been a member for a week or so. The second day of my membership, I sent 2 or 3 contributions in order to get some points. Last Monday I downloaded all the printables I had the right to. In order to be able to download more, I sent 4 other contributions yesterday and today. And I do my best so you all like them, download them so that I get MORE points.

So, I wouldn�t like to know that my printables are being emailed to others for the simple reason that I won�t get the points I need to download the other members�s contributions.

Sorry for putting it this way, but... it�s not fair with us who have been making a huge effort to be creative and share...

Dayse

1 Jan 2009     

blizzard1
Denmark

We have discussed this matter in the forum. The general conensus was "sharing", "give and take", "no pain no gain". We all started from scratch. If people want wss they also thave to upload wss. 
This site is for people to share.

Watch out because once in a while some people e-mail individual members asking for freebies.

1 Jan 2009     

aftab57
United Kingdom

hi I think we have to be a bit generous than that. it takes some members perhaps longer to become premium members so until then it is not a big deal to share a few printables with them especially if they need something specific for a current teaching lesson. i would agree though that the the worksheets you send upon a request should be your own and nobody else�s.

1 Jan 2009     

donapeter
Romania

it is difficult for the new members to get enough points in order to be premium members or in order to be able to download older worksheets.....so, I think it is fair to upload and download.Members need points, I mean new members. I sent some of my own worksheets via e-mail, but I don�t need points anymore. So......members who ask for free ws should take into consideration this aspect.
It is our work and we should value it. And the others should value our efforts.
Have a nice evening!!!
D

1 Jan 2009     

blizzard1
Denmark

I do believe in generosity and sharing but to a certain point.

I don�t thik it�s fair to share other members� wss. The person should ask the original owner.

I�m still cautious about the whole issue because there have been people in the past who asked many different members for frebbies. The members weren�t aware of this situation until it was made public in the forum. There were quite a few dissapointed members because they felt that they were taken advantage of.  

1 Jan 2009     

maayyaa
Slovenia

Thanks! I really appreciate your view! It was the question of emailing my own WS, not somebody else�s. As I said I don�t mind sharing, as aftab57 said, some might really need a WS, but on the other hand, it�s not fair to others who give and take and not just take.

1 Jan 2009     

daysealvesbarbosa
Brazil

Well, I got your point. But let�s have a look at the number of points... I�ve contributed 8 printables, 3 power points and 1 online exercise so far. And to become a premium member you have to get 30 points. I got 30 points on my second day when I had uploaded just 1 PPT, 1 online exercise and 3 simple worksheets. Whenever�my ws and ppt got downloaded I had points added... . I downloaded ALL respective ws and ppts when I finally ran out of my points last Monday. And only then did I prepare some other printables to upload.

What I mean with all that is that it is not so hard to get some few points in order to download load about 3 or 4 printables a day.

Do we need more than that a day for our work?

Just wondering...
Dayse

1 Jan 2009     

maayyaa
Slovenia

I totally agree with you Dayse. It was the same with me. I uploaded until I had enough points and now keep uploading because I love creating and sharing. 

1 Jan 2009     

blizzard1
Denmark

I agree 100% with you daysealvesbarbosa and maayyaa.
Cheers and Happy New Year.

1 Jan 2009     

daivluko
Lithuania

Well, I think its unfair Ermm And its not difficult to become a premium member, also �you can download 10 printables for each contribution that you send�. So, if you send three printables and become a premium member, you can download 60 old contributions Smile

1 Jan 2009