Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > hours per private class    

hours per private class

sebas555
Chile

hours per private class

hi pals! i own an institute and i�d like to know the amount of hours per week that you teach your sts, i normally teach 1 1/2 hs per class, twice a week, that is to say 3 hours weekly. But a teacher near my home is teaching just 1 hour per class, 2 hours weekly. what is your opinion ?  thanks in advance

1 Mar 2012      

jhoe
China

Hi there, In my opinion it depends on the age of your student, If they are young you should shorten the time, kids patience is short, they easily get bored, if they are older I think It �s okay to prolong the time :)

1 Mar 2012     

s.lefevre
Brazil

There is no rule. Of course more hours a student is in contact with the language, the better. But not everybody can afford to pay for 3 or 4 hours a week or doesn �t have the time. The student also have different needs. Some need to learn the language quickly because of work , others just want to lean a language for fun. I have taught every amount of hours, one hour a week, 2,3   and  I once gave a 2 hours lesson   every day ( for 2 month) because the student had to take a very importent exam in order to get a scholarship.

1 Mar 2012